Help! Facebook taking over my phone!

machete43

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use Facebook BUT I don't like how whenever I hit the "phone" button, ALL of my Facebook contacts show up...very annoying. And every single event from Facebook is in my calender and I can't get rid of either of these situations. I tried deleting the FB app, but everything was still there after I got rid of it. Any suggestions?

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to people-menu-view then check which contacts you want to show up in list. In calendar-menu-more-calendars check which calendars you want to show up. Should work I don't have Facebook but I use others.

drcrawfo

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This will prevent facebook contacts from appearing in the people app, but they will still show up in phone.

You can use an alternate dialer. I don't have personal experience but I've heard good things about Dialer One and GO Contacts.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Here are two things to not show Facebook contacts.....
1. people>menu>view> remove check from Facebook >done
2. from home screen click menu>settings>accounts & sync>Facebook> remove check on sync contacts.
Hope this helps:cool:

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not the Facebook app itself, but it's HTC Sense for Facebook. If you don't like seeing all the contacts show up in your phone, go to Accounts & Sync and remove your Facebook for HTC Sense account. Give it a few seconds after and all of the contacts from Facebook are gone.

frankz

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You can go to "People" then hit the "Menu" soft key on the bottom of the phone, select "View" and then deselect "Facebook for HTC Sense" to hide them rather than totally deleting your Facebook account from your phone.

tsmith35

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Facebook BUT I don't like how whenever I hit the "phone" button, ALL of my Facebook contacts show up...very annoying. And every single event from Facebook is in my calender and I can't get rid of either of these situations. I tried deleting the FB app, but everything was still there after I got rid of it. Any suggestions?

My EVO 3d is really irritating me with respect to syncing with FB contacts. I keep all of my contacts in Gmail, and that's all that I want to appear when I hit "Phone". The problem is, Facebook for HTC Sense turns on contact syncing by itself even when I have manually turned it off. This happens every 3-7 days, so I have finally given Facebook for HTC Sense the finger by removing it completely. I know Google really would like to have me sync my FB contacts with my phone, but I want to keep my FB friends in FB only. I don't want to call them.

Anyway, I came up with a very straightforward way of removing the garbage FB contacts:
Go to settings
Go to accounts & sync
Turn off sync contacts in FB for HTC Sense (or Remove Account -- will only delete it from your phone)
Go back to settings
Go to applications
Choose all applications
Go to contact storage
Clear data
Wait a minute
Gmail contacts are back, FB contacts are not
IF Gmail contacts don't show up after a few minutes, go to Gmail and restore contacts (if they are missing) to a previous state -- never had to do this though...

I plan to leave FB for HTC Sense turned off for good now. I'm tired of playing the "oops, somehow Sync Contacts for FB for HTC Sense somehow got turned on" game. If I wanted my FB contacts to show up on my phone, I would turn it on myself.

Last edited:

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You can go to "People" then hit the "Menu" soft key on the bottom of the phone, select "View" and then deselect "Facebook for HTC Sense" to hide them rather than totally deleting your Facebook account from your phone.

That will only hide the contacts in your people app. But if you go to phone and scroll down past the call history, all the contacts from Facebook are still there. That's why removing HTC Sense for Facebook is the only way to rid them completely.

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The same has to be done if you don't want Twitter for Sense throwing alerts up at you whenever you use another Twitter APP.

Turn off that sync!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax