Gingerbread coming to Incredible 2

MusicIsLife36

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Soooo, about this new update.
I got the message and chose not to update because I heard something about being able to take off all the bloatware with the current software, however new updates are always fun.

The issue is that I already have terrible service on my university campus so I'm not sure if there is any point in updating ( cause I dont want to run into any issues AND I wouldn't know how to go back.

Sooo does anyone think that this udpate is mandatory? Are there a lot of Force Close stuff?

Thank you! Hope this makes sense, for I am totally avoiding writing a paper for class thats due tomorrow. xP
:p

mhalladay

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just did GB download via manual check for software update in Settings - several long lags during the download & update process, along with having to press "Okay" a few times to give permission for the update, which caused some concern that I'd created a brick.... but ultimate success AND I have noted immediately that speed of menu movement & browsing has increased significantly ...

Good so far!

mhalladay

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just did GB download via manual check for software update in Settings - several long lags during the download & update process, along with having to press "Okay" a few times to give permission for the update, which caused some concern that I'd created a brick.... but ultimate success AND I have noted immediately that speed of menu movement & browsing has increased significantly ...

Good so far!
a quick update: I am having to re-enter login info for sites such as Netflix & Amazon Marketplace, so the update appears to wipe out app data - but I think that's a small price to pay for speed increase overall...

sgiitk

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am still to get Gingerbread. I have managed to root using AlphaRevX (now Revolutionary Revolutionary which seems to be a collaboration between the unrevoked and alpharevx groups). As per some posts AlphaRevX (I guess the new avatar as well) updates the version no. of HBOOT so an OTA does not lose you the root either.

Waiting for my OTA or some site which gives the file.

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Since the first DINC just landed GB 2.3.4 does anyone know if DINC2 will be receiving the same (minor) update? It seems almost natural given the front facing camera in regards to Google Video Chat.

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am still to get Gingerbread. I have managed to root using AlphaRevX (now Revolutionary Revolutionary which seems to be a collaboration between the unrevoked and alpharevx groups). As per some posts AlphaRevX (I guess the new avatar as well) updates the version no. of HBOOT so an OTA does not lose you the root either.

Waiting for my OTA or some site which gives the file.

Just get the RUU here, then root GB with Revolutionary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair