Facebook for HTC Sense problem

hdflhx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
After updating to gb, I am not able to send text messages to some of my contacts. I have no problem calling these contacts though.

I have noticed that the contacts that I can't send text messages to are linked with Facebook for HTC sense and all have a 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number in their Facebook profiles.

The 1 before the area code is the reason the text are not going through. I can delete the contact and send the text message by putting in the persons 10 digit number no problem.

I can unlink the contact but still can't text them. Only way I can text these people who have an 11 digit number on their Facebook profile is to delete the Facebook for sense account all together.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
After updating to gb, I am not able to send text messages to some of my contacts. I have no problem calling these contacts though.

I have noticed that the contacts that I can't send text messages to are linked with Facebook for HTC sense and all have a 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number in their Facebook profiles.

The 1 before the area code is the reason the text are not going through. I can delete the contact and send the text message by putting in the persons 10 digit number no problem.

I can unlink the contact but still can't text them. Only way I can text these people who have an 11 digit number on their Facebook profile is to delete the Facebook for sense account all together.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?
sounds like your phone is really messed up and I would sudjust a factory reset to see if things will go back to normal

hdflhx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
sounds like your phone is really messed up and I would sudjust a factory reset to see if things will go back to normal

Yea, I've already done a factory reset and still having the same problem. I called customer service and they said having 11 digit numbers sometimes mess with things lol. They tried to give me some long work around that didn't work. Funny thing was that after the factory reset, things were fine for two days then back to having text issues with these same contacts.

I don't have any issues texting contacts linked with facebook with 10 digit phone numbers in their profiles. Just the ones with 11 digit numbers.