Boosting functionality of Dinc 2

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Dinc 2 and I am wondering if there's anything special I can do to boost the overall speed of the phone. As an example, it runs N64oid a lot better than my Dinc1, but still doesn't run it as well as I'd like. It also seems to bog down every once in a while.

I have run a few benchmark tests on it and it preforms pretty well, but I see plenty of the same phones doing better.

On previous phones, I've rooted and done standard stuff like deleting all of the uselessly running apps, but is that all there is to it? It seems like there should be additional things to do.

Didn't see a comparable thread about this so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What version of Android are you on? If you're on 2.2, you'll want to hurry up and root before it does the OTA to 2.3. You can find the information to do so here: [AlphaRevX] Public Beta 2 for dInc2 - xda-developers

If you're already on 2.3, there's no way (yet) to root the phone with software, although you can still get it done with a hardware device called an XTC Clip, but it'll cost you about $50. If you can wait a bit, a software-only root method will be found sooner or later.

Once you get rooted, you can remove all the carrier apps like on any other phone, or simply install a rom that's either already been debloated or one that never had the bloat in the first place (something like Cyanogen).

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Darn. Yeah, it's 2.3. Thanks for the info, though. Is there anything else to do that doesn't involve root? The phone is running a dozen useless apps.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Darn. Yeah, it's 2.3. Thanks for the info, though. Is there anything else to do that doesn't involve root? The phone is running a dozen useless apps.

As far as I know, there's no way to remove or freeze preinstalled apps without root.

Just hang tight, I'm sure 2.3 will be rooted before too long. We just got my wife's Fascinate replacement and it too came with 2.3, but comparing it to mine (rooted and debloated), I don't notice any obvious performance hit. It's annoying that all that stuff is running, but it doesn't seem to do much harm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user