Location Services not working after Gb update

jainey99

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I realized apps that use basic location service info can't find my location since I updated to Gingerbread (& I've done the new minor software update too). Some apps work, some don't.

Location Works:
Gmaps, Places, Navigation, The Weather Channel

Location Doesn't Work:
Foursquare, Urban Spoon, Yelp, Radar app, Google Shopper, Current Location Weather on the clock

I've tried having actual GPS on while trying these apps, with no results. I've reset the GPS, restarted the phone, but still no luck. I have the Google & VZW Location Services turned on.

Also, just after the minor software update the sync symbol at the top of the screen spastically flashes on & off randomly. Never did that before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not factory reset the phone as an option.
Thanks!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try turning the location services off, then back out all the way to your home screen, go back in and turn them on again.

Is it just the Widgets that are not working or the apps themselves? If it's just the Widgets, try removing them and re-placing them back on your screen.

Also try clearing the cache out of the offending apps. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All - Scroll to the app, select it and clear cache.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1