HELP? Days old...Clock uninstalled self

monkerz89

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the incredible 2 and i went to set my alarm after using it the night before and it says that the "linked program is no longer installed on my phone" could someone please help me? How do I get the HTC clock for android back? I've searched the Market and I can't find it :'(

locoman56

May 12, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read this is a problem with 2.3 update and supposedly HTC is aware and working on a fix. I have and use Go Launcher since day 1 when I got the Dinc2 and the clock app is there and works with Go Launcher but if I switch back to Sense the clock app is gone! Why the clock app is there and works with Go Launcher and not with Sense is something I can't explain but is really strange!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try removing the widget and replacing the widget on your screen.

To remove - Long press on the Clock widget and drag it to the trash.

To replace the widget - Long press on the empty space, select Widget -> HTC Clock - Select the clock style you want, I assume you will want the Weather Clock widget.

Then you should be OK.

Sometimes Widgets get wonky and the easiest way to fix then is to remove and replace them.

Hope this helps.

locoman56

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, by using the Clock Widget you can set the alarm but still the "Clock App" is missing on Sense but the app is there if you install Go Launcher! So if you don't use the sense clock widget and you use some other clock off of the market how do you set the alarm without using the "Sense Clock Widget"?

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset twice and still don't have the clock app using sense but it's there using go launcher.

I never had the clock app before or after reset, only the widget. As you guys are proving, the app is there, but just doesn't show up in Sense (at least for a lot of people) for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech