New to dinc2

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello my wife currently has a d2g and its her 3rd replacement so I called vz with my final straw. I was Not taking another replacement I'm on number 3 enough enough. So long story short there sending me a dinc2 as a replacement. The I was just wondering if there were any known issues I looked around the threads just saw here and there issues nothing specific to all dinc2. It looked like a really great deviceand I'm sure it will be. I how is the battery life btw? And the keyboard for that matter its going to be weird for her not having a slide out. any info is appreciated thanks.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery life varies for some. It is excellent for me. I get between 17 and 26 hours depending on use with screen brightness on 40%. My reception and data speeds are excellent, but also varies for some. If it acts screwy when you get it, it may need a factory reset. A lot of us have had to do a factory reset after the gingerbread update. It's an android thing. It's under SD card and storage menu. It's a really nice phone otherwise.

Sent from my Inc2

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with mine minus the Clock app not working. HTC will be pushing a fix for it though. I go 50+ hours with the 2150mah battery from Verizon and heavy usage. It's an excellent all-around phone, plus it also has global capabilites.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. Phone sounds awesome all around i just hope she takes well to sense. im familiar from my eris days but she has had a d2 and is new to it. i may end up having to cough up my d3 and use the dinc2 if shes not feeling sense lol.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
oh i read a review that said verizon disabled the htc customization options like the link to skins and stuff. has that been changed or is it still blocked if it is blocked is there a way to still download skins? i thought that was a cool feature then they said verizon diabled it. crazy.

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The device is great. It does have a little bit lower signal than the motos but the battery life is much better. I can get 3 days with moderate usage and heavy usage about 30 hours. I just wish I could root it without going the XTC Clip route.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Had my dinc2 for two days now and I have to say I am impressed. I knew I would be happy with it but it's awesome. Sense hands down is better then moto blur if I was to say it wasn't id be lying. Basic stuff like control settings in the notification bar a reboot button are stuff you need root for on a moto device. To work this smoothly at least. Colors are more vibrant then my d3 without a doubt. So far so good. Only complaint I have is my first device came with a blown speaker got my replacement today Nd its flawless.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the D2G and have no complaints except the signal strength. I was very happy with the D2G except that it felt heavy and chunky with the slide out keyboard. The DI2 form factor is very nice. The larger screen makes for a better UI experience.

I get about 8-10 hours of moderate use with the DI2. I attribute the poor battery performance to the low signal strength. But it doesn't slow me down. I carry a spare battery which I pop in after lunch.