Where's 2.3.4 love for the DInc2?

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Think Incredible 2 will get bump to 2.3.4 from 2.3.3 like the EVO 3D and Sensation 4G? Even the original DInc went straight to 2.3.4. I love my phone and have no complaints but feel a little left out...lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cidman0123

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere to only expect one more OS bump after the GB update on the Din2 and I'd prefer ice cream sandwich over a marginal bump to 2.3.4

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just figured maybe HTC was starting a trend and especially since the original DInc went right to 2.3.4. The EVO 3D and Sensation were originally on 2.3.3 and got the minor bump up with some fixes maybe we can see the same for the DInc2 as well. Not to mention the possible GTalk with video chat that can come with 2.3.4.

I can't think of many, if any, issues that I have with it that would need addressing anyway and I would be perfectly fine if they left it alone as I love this phone. Coming from an X2 this phone is a dream come true. I just thought it would be nice to also get a bump with some enhancements of some sort.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well HTC claims to be working on a patch for the flaky coding in our gingerbread update and maybe what we can hope for is a bump to the OS when that comes down the pipe at us.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well HTC claims to be working on a patch for the flaky coding in our gingerbread update and maybe what we can hope for is a bump to the OS when that comes down the pipe at us.

That would be cool and seams to be what the 3D and Sensation got. Being the original DInc got 2.3.4 it seams that is what they are working with now so maybe just maybe. Does anyone know if the HTC devices with 2.3.4 got the cool TV off animation when locking the phone? My X2 didn't have cause it was on 2.3.3 but the Droid 3 with 2.3.4 had it and I just thought it was really cool for some odd reason.

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
That would be cool and seams to be what the 3D and Sensation got. Being the original DInc got 2.3.4 it seams that is what they are working with now so maybe just maybe. Does anyone know if the HTC devices with 2.3.4 got the cool TV off animation when locking the phone? My X2 didn't have cause it was on 2.3.3 but the Droid 3 with 2.3.4 had it and I just thought it was really cool for some odd reason.

Idk what you all think about rooting your dinc2 but I just used the Revolutionary method that's in the hacks section of this forum and I've got the newest cyanogenmod 7.1 and now my phone has 2.3.4 along with the lock animation that you are talking about, so that's just an idea if you don't feel like waiting

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Idk what you all think about rooting your dinc2 but I just used the Revolutionary method that's in the hacks section of this forum and I've got the newest cyanogenmod 7.1 and now my phone has 2.3.4 along with the lock animation that you are talking about, so that's just an idea if you don't feel like waiting

I don't know... I have always been curious about custom roms but have never rooted any of my phones before. I know with Moto phones you could RSD flash back to stock but is there any way to go back to stock with the DInc2 if I ever upgraded and say wanted to sell the phone?

I have really never looked into it, it has peaked my interest a few times but I also have never minded stock. I also always feared if there was an issue with the phone it wouldn't be covered under warranty if Verizon saw that it wasn't stock.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Think Incredible 2 will get bump to 2.3.4 from 2.3.3 like the EVO 3D and Sensation 4G? Even the original DInc went straight to 2.3.4. I love my phone and have no complaints but feel a little left out...lol

I've learned to either:

A - Not worry about what version of Android is officially supported on a particular phone. The reality is that the changes from one version to the next at this point are so minimal as to be almost irrelevant. From 2.1 to 2.2, and then from 2.2 to any version of 2.3 was honestly anticlimactic, so going from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 is even more so.

Or

B - Look to unofficial ROMs and/or market apps to support whatever feature I may feel is important. From Cyanogen to MIUI to any others, you can run whatever version of Android/Sense/Whatever you want, right now, today. And most major roms (CM7, MIUI, OMGB, etc.) are all based on 2.3.5, so even if HTC did put out an upgrade to 2.3.4, someone would immediately ask "where's 2.3.5 love2?".

Manufacturers will **always** be behind the curve to a greater or lesser extent. I agree with the other poster, that if this phone will only get 1 more upgrade, it would be far better that HTC puts it's time into ICS than a 0.0.1 upgrade to GB.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
The only real change is that with 2.3.4 video calls are supported in the Google talk Rapp to other devices with 2.3.4 & up..

Nothing too much to worry about in my opinion

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk