Add Hidden Applications to App List

mike_nova#AC

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello AC'ers,
My girlfriend has an Droid Incredible 2. She recently asked me to find out why certain apps were not displaying in her 'full app list'. I've been playing with the phone for a while now, and can't seem to figure this out. I was hoping someone here may be able to shed some light.

When we search the phone for 'clock' an application comes up. it displays as "clock application".

When we click on the list of all applications, we do not see the "clock application" in the list. It's almost as though it is hidden.

Is there a way to add this to the application list?

I understand that you can click the clock on the home screen to gain access to the application and its functions, however I was just curious why it wouldn't be in the list of all applications.

Any help provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,
mike

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you have a clock widget up on the screen when you click it does the clock app open? Is your gallery in the app list? If you can't get the clock open from the widget then it is likely that you are suffering from the update loss of apps. There are multiple threads here on this issue. To put it as straightforward as possible if this is the case you are going to have to do a factory reset. There are a couple different ways to accomplish this and a few steps you need to be sure to do before you start. If you search for a thread with clock app disappeared in the title you should find a step by step for getting the reset done. If you can't find it and need some more help let me know I'll help walk you through.

Reactions: mike_nova#AC

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No problem, when the update first hit a bunch of apps started disappearing. HTC is aware of the issue and have promised a fix, no time line just a promise that they will fix it. But do let me know if you need the extra steps to get the reset done. If you do it right you won't have to do alot of work to get it set back up. Just waiting for the apps to download and then resetting the home screens.

Reactions: mike_nova#AC