Swiftkey vs Htc stock

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I loved swiftkey for a while. Had it since beta. But lately I've found that it chooses words it thinks I want even when the word I typed is correct. Anyone else see this? I'm considering just switching to the stock keyboard

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I have not seen this. I've been using Swiftkey for a month now and it's been working great. I can't imagine going back to the stock keyboard.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I love swiftkey as well its awesome. From time to time i experience that as well but iys not often. Usually when that happens, the word i want is up on the list so i kist select it. I will keep using it. Its great!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I love swiftkey as well its awesome. From time to time i experience that as well but iys not often. Usually when that happens, the word i want is up on the list so i kist select it. I will keep using it. Its great!

Thats what i have to do as well. the problem is i don't check the predictions very often. Normally it gets it right.

One question i have. What do you have your prediction settings set to? Precise or rapid?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i know its learning. but the word blow is a word in the english dictionary. it shouldn't need to learn words that are valid already. and why would it suggest a word that doesn't make sense in the context

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thats what i have to do as well. the problem is i don't check the predictions very often. Normally it gets it right.

One question i have. What do you have your prediction settings set to? Precise or rapid?

I have mine set up on the precise setting. It is usually spot on, like you said. I had a few typos on my last post lol not a good example of what swiftkey does lol

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Precise is supposedly better for people that actually clicking on the predictions. I have it set to rapid because i don't really care for the predictions. i just want the stellar auto correction. but i'm finding the stock keyboard isn't half bad at auto correct

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah your right. I use stock keyboard from time to time and its not bad. I go through phases with different keyboards. I have default, swiftkey, swype and go keyboard. Usually use stock when cm themes skin the keyboard.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i like both, but swiftkey can get laggy and has the issue mentioned earlier where it chooses a different word even tho the word i typed is correct. for example i typed "aww man thats gonna blow" and swiftkey corrected to "aww man thats gonna below" for what reason i don't understand.

also whenever i switch phones or anything having to reinstall and set up just the keyboard is a pain with all the other things i have to do. i think i'm going to switch to the stock and just leave swiftkey installed for now.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I loved swiftkey for a while. Had it since beta. But lately I've found that it chooses words it thinks I want even when the word I typed is correct. Anyone else see this? I'm considering just switching to the stock keyboard

All you have to do is type the next letter, character, space or punctuation and continue. Swiftkey will accept your word into its user dictionary and it will appear as a choice the next time you type the beginning letters. Don't forget, it's learning from you...and there are only three choices appearing on the screen as you type, not every choice. Hang in there. It's still the best.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Why would I have to teach it words that are already in the English dictionary. That's the frustrating part. It will suggest words when what i've typed is accurate. It's just doing predictions instead of correcting errors

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Try using giving the predictive texting a try instead of wanting it to error correct. You will find out that swifykey learns the way you text. Swifykey has learned my texting so well, that all I need to do is touch the predictive words to type out most of my texts.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying change it from rapid to precise and try the predictions? I'll try. I've never really used or liked predictions so perhaps it will wow me.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying change it from rapid to precise and try the predictions? I'll try. I've never really used or liked predictions so perhaps it will wow me.

Yeah, give it a try and see what you think. Most times now I can type a complete sentence just by touching the works along the top.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
but are the sentences you are typing sort of quick text messages. like "what do you want to do for dinner" or does it pick up more abstract texts that aren't i guess "normal"

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i don't really see a difference in between precise and rapid. though it could just be that i don't choose predictions often enough. thats a style thing though. i find that it only knows what i'm going to say when it makes sense. like using prepositions or articles that are most common in that part of speech. i have "talked" about my incredible 2 several times. but whenever i type incredible the next word it chooses is always monthly. instead of 2