Firmware Upgrade 2.3.4 Now Available

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the stock rom, with the bloat frozen with titanium and I had a notification bar mod so it showed percentage by the battery indicator.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so now I am on stock rom. I did a factory reset and everything. There is no battery indicator mod now. The only thing is, is that its rooted.
Now, everytime I go to get the update, it searches for the update but comes back with nothing, anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
the update is working fine. no issues.
i haven't received the market update. but it doesn't really matter to me, as long as i can download apps i don't care what the market looks like

to anyone that does care, if your market doesnt change go to settings > applications > manage applications > go the "all" tab > find the market > clear data > reboot your phone

this should get you the new market

Just got the new market. About a day after updating

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a custom ROM? The ROM you are running could be blocking the OTA. Besides, if you are rooted why worry about the OTA? Just wait for someone to release a new ROM.

Agree. They're often faster with the updates contained in the OTA, already cleaned up.

Tapatalk on Inc 2

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
so no other way around "download failed" than the factory reset??

Unfortunately that seems to be the solution. I tried to avoid a reset myself, but I just went ahead and did it and no longer got the download error. I updated mainly for the new radio. Call quality does seem better since updating btw.

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, you don't need to do the reset to get around the "download failed" (at least I didn't..)

I deleted a couple apps, (amazon store, astro, and seekdroid)

I also went into running processes, cleared cache and stopped anything that looked like an update process, did not re-boot, and tried again, download started, succeeded, and installed! yay

not sure what step did it, but it's done, hope this helps someone!!

zap-uh

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It seems like ever since I got 2.3.4 google talk doesnt work anymore. I go to open the app and it just closes right away. Anyone else have this problem and/or have a solution?

Normandie

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, you don't need to do the reset to get around the "download failed" (at least I didn't..)

I deleted a couple apps, (amazon store, astro, and seekdroid)

I also went into running processes, cleared cache and stopped anything that looked like an update process, did not re-boot, and tried again, download started, succeeded, and installed! yay

not sure what step did it, but it's done, hope this helps someone!!

Sadly this did not work for me. :( NOT doing a factory reset for this update.

Thanks for the info,
HiddenPuppy

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
have you tried simply rebooting the phone or powering off and doing a battery pull?

Haven't tried a battery pull but a powering off didn't do help.

Frankly, if I have to do a factory resent to install an update with limited new features, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of restoring everything.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried a battery pull but a powering off didn't do help.

Frankly, if I have to do a factory resent to install an update with limited new features, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of restoring everything.

I'm going to agree with you. I'm not seeing anything special with this update. This update is definitely not worth a Factory Reset.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My market changed to the new one yesterday. Not sure if I like it. It's a little cluttered.

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
tried all the suggestions, still receiving the download failed error, not going to do a factory reset and risk losing everything on the phone, not worth it to me for this download, but im open to any other suggestions, would like to have phone up to date with most recent software, im ready to break down and goto a verizon store to see if they can figure it out but that would be a last option.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
well i can tell you that if you bring it to a verizon store they will most likely tell you to do a reset. they generally don't do in depth troubleshooting until you try all the easy fixes first.

Bones72

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Really? Anybody else have video in talk?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.

Video in Talk only works with 2.3.5 I think. I'm running the OMFGB nightlies which are based on 2.3.5 and video works just fine. It's not part of the GAPPS they link to, but I found it somewhere. I'd tell ya if I remembered. :p I guess I could upload it if someone needs it. Might have been on Droid-Life.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
well i can tell you that if you bring it to a verizon store they will most likely tell you to do a reset. they generally don't do in depth troubleshooting until you try all the easy fixes first.

Have you been to a Verizon store lately? I went the other day with this problem. I was told that Verizon no longer has in store tech support. There was no one behind the support counter. I was given a paper with the direct line to tech support and was then advised to reset my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae