07-14-2014 01:21 AM
97 ... 234
tools
    tried all the suggestions, still receiving the download failed error, not going to do a factory reset and risk losing everything on the phone, not worth it to me for this download, but im open to any other suggestions, would like to have phone up to date with most recent software, im ready to break down and goto a verizon store to see if they can figure it out but that would be a last option.
    09-26-2011 05:14 AM
    well i can tell you that if you bring it to a verizon store they will most likely tell you to do a reset. they generally don't do in depth troubleshooting until you try all the easy fixes first.
    09-26-2011 05:23 AM
    Really? Anybody else have video in talk?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.
    Video in Talk only works with 2.3.5 I think. I'm running the OMFGB nightlies which are based on 2.3.5 and video works just fine. It's not part of the GAPPS they link to, but I found it somewhere. I'd tell ya if I remembered. :-p I guess I could upload it if someone needs it. Might have been on Droid-Life.
    09-26-2011 06:22 AM
    2.3.5? Yeah not on the DInc 2

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk
    09-26-2011 10:51 AM
    well i can tell you that if you bring it to a verizon store they will most likely tell you to do a reset. they generally don't do in depth troubleshooting until you try all the easy fixes first.
    Have you been to a Verizon store lately? I went the other day with this problem. I was told that Verizon no longer has in store tech support. There was no one behind the support counter. I was given a paper with the direct line to tech support and was then advised to reset my phone
    09-26-2011 10:52 AM
    Have you been to a Verizon store lately? I went the other day with this problem. I was told that Verizon no longer has in store tech support. There was no one behind the support counter. I was given a paper with the direct line to tech support and was then advised to reset my phone
    No more techs in store.
    09-26-2011 11:58 AM
    Oh that's why I'm paying more for less data... Everyone um, wait what? They doubled the square footage of my vz store here and I lose local tech support? Awesome

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk
    09-26-2011 12:26 PM
    yup, tech support in stores is gone. all done over the phone now
    09-27-2011 04:43 AM
    Yesterday I had to get my phone reset in-store. The vzw employee said "I know there's a way to do it but I gotta figure out how "

Yea can i get fries with that?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2011 07:09 AM
    yup, tech support in stores is gone. all done over the phone now
    I have found over the years that tech support in the stores was useless anyway. Many issues can be solved by reading this and other forums. When I walk into a store I am sure that I have more knowledge than they do. Phone tech support will probably do what the stores did and send you a refurb.
    09-27-2011 10:57 AM
    I have tried to download the update with the wifi on and off, and I get a server error message! What am I doing wrong?
    09-27-2011 11:19 PM
    I have tried to download the update with the wifi on and off, and I get a server error message! What am I doing wrong?
    I was having the same problem and then found this link. Following the instructions did the trick for me and the install went perfectly.

Android Market: “Download unsuccessful” Error Fix | Technipages

Hope this helps,
    HiddenPuppy
    cinnamin likes this.
    09-28-2011 04:14 AM
    I've been able to video chat in Skype since 2.3.3 sans root.
    Just curious, what did you have to do besides root?
    09-29-2011 07:58 AM
    I've been able to video chat in Skype since 2.3.3 sans root.
    Just curious, what did you have to do besides root?
    sans [snz]
    prep
    an archaic word for without
    [from Old French sanz, from Latin sine without, but probably also influenced by Latin absentiā in the absence of]
    09-29-2011 09:00 AM
    Ok I'm new, this is my first post, so if I don't use abbreviations don't kill me.

I've read all the thread, and no one seems to be having the same problem I'm having.

My DINC2 is still working, I can make calls, txt, use my apps etc. BUT, I can not connect to my Google Account. My market will not open, and my gmail shortcut just flashes a white screen for half a second and then back to my screen with the shortcut.

When I open the market it says i need to link it with a google account, would I like to do that now? I push yes, and i'm back to the home scree.

I've tried syncing the account again. I can sync Gmail, but there is no "google" option in my Accounts/Sync in the Settings.

Any ideas, other than factory reset?

I have no clue if I was rooted on anything prior. (not even sure I know what it means...)

I was running 2.3.3 fine prior to upgrading to 2.3.4

Thanks.
    09-30-2011 11:10 AM
    Ok I'm new, this is my first post, so if I don't use abbreviations don't kill me.

I've read all the thread, and no one seems to be having the same problem I'm having.

My DINC2 is still working, I can make calls, txt, use my apps etc. BUT, I can not connect to my Google Account. My market will not open, and my gmail shortcut just flashes a white screen for half a second and then back to my screen with the shortcut.

When I open the market it says i need to link it with a google account, would I like to do that now? I push yes, and i'm back to the home scree.

I've tried syncing the account again. I can sync Gmail, but there is no "google" option in my Accounts/Sync in the Settings.

Any ideas, other than factory reset?

I have no clue if I was rooted on anything prior. (not even sure I know what it means...)

I was running 2.3.3 fine prior to upgrading to 2.3.4

Thanks.
    Sorry but I'm afraid a Factory Reset is your only option. When my wife lost her Android Market a reset is the only thing that fixed it.
    09-30-2011 11:27 AM

. . .

Any ideas, other than factory reset? . . .
    I had the same issue. I tried the Android forums and Google forums. The consensus was Factory Reset. While it still blows, it's not as bad as you may think.
    10-01-2011 11:33 AM
    September has been a busy travel month for me. And, sadly, I have not followed the Android Central blog and forum posts as closely as usual. So I was quite surprised when I woke up this morning to find a software update message on my DI2. "Huh", I said while yawning, "I wonder what this could be about." The update was pretty fast. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up the software data and saw 2.3.4 staring back at me from the screen. Of course, now, I check the forums.
    10-01-2011 11:40 AM
    I've been out of the country and returned last night. My DInc2 just updated itself and now my gmail app, talk (force close), contacts and market are not loading or syncing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck

I am a total newbie/tard when it comes to my phone and its full potential. Do I need to do a complete re-install of my google related apps or/and hard reset?

help...
    10-04-2011 03:15 PM
    I've been out of the country and returned last night. My DInc2 just updated itself and now my gmail app, talk (force close), contacts and market are not loading or syncing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck

I am a total newbie/tard when it comes to my phone and its full potential. Do I need to do a complete re-install of my google related apps or/and hard reset?

help...
    do a factory reset.
    10-05-2011 05:35 AM
    Is anyone even attempting to root 2.3.4?
    10-13-2011 07:30 PM
    Just downloaded 2.3.4 from Verizon.

====> Turn Wi-Fi Off <=====

Then go to Settings, Software update, Check New.

It is just over 32Mb, and you will be asked to restart the phone after it downloads.

Happy downloading ....
    07-14-2014 01:21 AM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD