Im joining the team

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I gave up on my Fascinate and VZW is sending me a DINC2...any warning for the newcomer? Never had an HTC phone, only Sammy. They even threw in an extended battery... idk if thats a gd thing or not because I want a case and given the extra size.. they dont exist. Unless anyone cant point me in the right direction. So to recap im looking for warnings (or praises) about the phone, and any place that might sell a case for the extended battery (or a place to buy the OEM battery and door) thanks in advance!

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
welcome mang! HTC is only company I will buy now, as I also had the inc1. You will be floored at the update from your Fascinate. There are a lot of former Fascinate users now on the inc2. The phone has amazing battery life stock. Grab a beer (or 2), grab your new phone, and sit down and play. I have confidence that you will not look back after having an HTC.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup, coming from the Fascinate, guaranteed you'll love this phone. The Fascinate had a nice screen, but in every other possible way, the Inc2 puts it to shame. The only thing I was disappointed with was the antenna strength, which was on par with my Fascinate (meaning pretty damn weak), but Verizon gave me a network extended, so that's no longer an issue. If you didn't have signal issues on the Fascinate, you won't have them here.

No real warnings, as you can root even the latest update, but if you want to keep root, you'll want to make sure you decline future OTAs until exploits are found.

There's nothing like Odin for the Inc, so that takes some getting used to. As for the battery life, the stock battery is great (for me at least), I get 2 full days on a charge pretty easily. If you don't need/want the extended battery, you could probably find someone who'd swap their standard battery and door, or you could just buy new ones. With the standard battery, cases are plentiful.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice, thanks everyone.. and yes there really is only 3 things i will miss from my Fascinate: Screen, Samsung's task manager, and the thinness ... aside from that I am fully embracing the DINC 2... And WOW! battery life is like that?.. well the extended battery will be way more than enough hahaha.Iam curious about rooting, sense updates, and skins etc... but all in due time. for now I'm just happy to get a new one... besideds there are plenty of apps out there to compensate for the task manager... idk we'll see. thanks for the replies everyone.:D

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you dont over use the task manager or auto kill tasks. I don't use one at all. This phone has enough Ram in it where you don't really need one.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No I mean only time i would use the task manager would be to force close an app (happened a lot with Fascinate) and random apps that would keep running after i backed out... other than that i never really used it

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea I used it on the Fascinate for the same reason. The Inc2 handles task a lot better. I do go into manage apps and kill apps like web browser from time to time though on the Inc2.

OJ

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea I get my Inc2 today. Really excited especially after dealing with the fascinate for a year. Is the reception really a big problem?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I used the task manager quite a lot on the Fascinate too, and initially missed it in the Inc, but I've just gotten used to not worrying about running apps. Never seem to run into any problems, but I'm pretty sure most of those problems were due to Samsung's hideously bad programming.

On the reception question, the antenna is weak, but it's no more so than a lot of other phones. I'd say it's pretty much exactly the same as the Fascinate, so if you didn't have an issue on that, you won't on the Inc.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well my reception is horrible in my house, but still like you said no worse than the facinate... gps locks almost instantly though!! :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey