Droid Inc 2 Not reading SD Card?

git732

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

So I woke up this morning to a very different sounding alarm than usual, and thought that was weird. Then people called me, and the ringtones were all different. Then I took some great pictures (autumn in Maine, amazing!) but they're not anywhere on my phone.

When I try to access the pictures from the camera, I get a message that says "No photos or videos found!" Then when I try to change my ringtone, I don't get the full list, it only says "Default Ringtone."

I checked to see if the SD card was in, which it was. Phone says that there is 13.45gb left on the card, so there is room, and it does recognize my sd. But where are all my pictures and ringtones?!

Has this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated!

git732

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that...guess I will.

Follow up question: did you have to re-download all of your apps after the reset?

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
While the reset might be an option as suggested, it could just be a bad or badly seated SD card too. If so, a reset might not be necessary.

Try taking it out and popping it back in. Try unmounting & remounting in the SD card settings. Try popping the SD card in an adapter and try reading the card in a computer. Also try removing the battery for 30 seconds or so (known to do wonders).

If it turns out to be a bad card, Newegg has them pretty cheap.

Personally I would try these steps first before resorting to a reset since if it is a bad card, you're only back to square one after the reset.

Last edited:

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen to me once. I simply took the card out and connected it to my computer. The computer should see all of your files just fine. I copied all of the cards content to my PC, formatted the card, and then copied the data back to the card. I put the card back into the phone and everything worked perfectly again. I would try that first.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as stated above, I don't think you need to resort to a reset. Flash memory is very unstable memory. It's not uncommon for SDcard memory to become corrupt. I see it all the time at work.

Backup your files on your computer and reformat the card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12