Your opinion on the DInc 2 software

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So this phone has been out for a while now and has had a couple software updates. What is everyone's opinion of the software? To me I feel it is still too buggy and HTC does not seem to be providing updates to some of the most common problems.

I'll share mine and my wife's experiences. I got hit with a bug first a couple months ago when my market would not open. When I tapped the icon, a white screen appeared then went back to the home screen.

A few weeks after that, my wife got hit with a bug. She was getting a message on her home screen saying something about phone.com error (sorry, can't remember the whole message) and would not go away. Her phone also does these little mini reboots when she exits apps. It doesn't appear to be any specific app. What happens is when she closes an app, the white HTC screen appears and takes a few seconds for the home screen to reappear.

Now, a few days ago, I got hit with the alarm clock bug. I cannot access the alarm clock. All the above bugs except for the mini reboots can only be fixed by a factory reset. And yes, we tried all the other options like force stop, clear data, batter pulls, etc.

From what we are experiencing and from what I've been reading on the forums, there are a lot of bugs that HTC does not seem to be doing anything about. I've been reading posts since July on the alarm clock bug and reading where people get a "were working on it" answer from HTC.

So, now that you've managed to read through my rant, what is your opinion?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Have 2 DINC2s. No problems at all. Wife's is stock with latest updates. Mine is rooted and running LauncherPro instead of Sense. I came to DINC2 from Droid X. Now THAT was a phone with bugs...

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the had the clock issue since before the gingerbread update. I was really irritated at first, but got over it when i started using Alarm Clock Xtreme and it's ability to have different types of alarm clocks, such as having to answer math problems before it shuts off. Other than that, I have not had any issues with the phone. The battery life is great and it runs fast enough for me without any bugs.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be biased because i'm rooted and S-OFF. No matter how good stock is, it can't compare to our developers ROM's. We have debloated stock ROM's that will blow stock out the window. There really are so many choices to choose from its crazy.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be biased because i'm rooted and S-OFF. No matter how good stock is, it can't compare to our developers ROM's. We have debloated stock ROM's that will blow stock out the window. There really are so many choices to choose from its crazy.

What ROM are you running? Incredibly Debloated or another? I'm rooted with S-OFF and I'm cautiously looking for a new ROM. I have CM7 on a Nook Color, so I've been considering that, but haven't made the leap yet.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm running exactly what my sig says, except i just upgraded my kernal to the latest nightly. I've tried many and i still like MIUI. Liquid is a good cm7 ROM and very stable. I just always go back to miui and so i stick with that.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am running miui too atm. I always have liked this rom too. OP sounds like you need to factory reset. That usually needs to be done after you get an over the OS update. It's under sdcard and storage. Backup your contacts first.

Sent from my Incredible 2

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I am running miui too atm. I always have liked this rom too. OP sounds like you need to factory reset. That usually needs to be done after you get an over the OS update. It's under sdcard and storage. Backup your contacts first.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Well I was going to factory reset to get the clock back. But, instead I went ahead and rooted. Currently running GingerBangSense 2.5. I'm thinking about giving Miui or CM7 a try this weekend.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea rooting is often better than factory resetting a bunch of times as long as you have a backup of stock. Miui was good. But I had some issues with the music player, 3g cutting out and superuser so I am on stocked rooted (with auto ota update disabled) until I figure what rom I want to load up next.

Sent from my ADR6350