Weird problem with Yahoo mail on the stock HTC mail app.

hotrodtba

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally when I open a new email, it will show the email for a second or two, and then it goes white, not showing any of the email. The sender info still shows, just not the email itself. And its not every email. Just every now and then an email will not show right. I've tried everything I can think of changing settings and such. Nothing seems to work. Please help. Thanks.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Please help. I have the same problem. The only thing I can think of would to be a factory reset. Not looking forward to that. I'll just keep using the Yahoo mail app.

methodfx

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I contacted HTC about this, as I had the same problem. The response I got from the tech on the phone was that Yahoo has been doing something funny with their system and mail can only be received using the Yahoo App. This isn't the response I wanted to hear, however it is the only solution at this time. I like the HTC app FAR MORE!

googie.time

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup.. a bit disappointing..
I got the same problem but seemed to happen only with pure text emails. All others in html, or with pictures or attachment are not affected.
Once opening an email.. I would put it in a "temp" folder first (before any dragging or tapping on the screen), then go into that temp folder to read it.. seemed to workaround the problem, although not it's not ideal.

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem where I cannot log into either my Yahoo or Hotmail accounts from the HTC 'Mail' app. I get an error "Password not valid" (it is, I logged in via web with no issues).

When I tried to delete the Yahoo account, it throws the error "401 0: Unauthorized"

It used to say something about "this application cannot be deleted because it is connected to an app that is being used" or some such.

Very frustrating. I have not tried the Factory Reset either because I feel that this should be fixed without needing to completely reset the phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair