Incredible 2 for my Mother?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I was hoping to get your opinions on whether I should get this phone for my Mom. She's not exactly computer literate and will be coming from a dumb phone, but I can walk her through the learning curve. The main features I'm interested in are:

* Navigation - how fast does the GPS lock? Any problems with it?
* Battery Life - she probably won't use it to play games or for many battery intensive apps, but she's not the best at remembering to charge her phone. So, how does the battery do with phone calls, GPS, and especially when left on standby?
* Call Quality - is it serviceable? It doesn't have to be the best ever, but I'd like to avoid scratchy or echoing calls.

That's about it, but feel free to add anything else you think might be relevant. Thanks in advance!

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
When I use Google Maps or Navigation my gps gets a lock in just a few seconds. Its very fast. My battery lasts a good 15 hours on fairly heavy use. If I'm not doing a lot of messaging and my phones in stand by a lot I can go a day and a half on a charge. Call quality is good and I've never had complaints of people on the other end about poor call quality. I'm on Verizon and have good coverage in my area.

Reactions: mightyfacundo

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
When I use Google Maps or Navigation my gps gets a lock in just a few seconds. Its very fast. My battery lasts a good 15 hours on fairly heavy use. If I'm not doing a lot of messaging and my phones in stand by a lot I can go a day and a half on a charge. Call quality is good and I've never had complaints of people on the other end about poor call quality. I'm on Verizon and have good coverage in my area.

Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
mightyfacundo, This is the phone for your daughter, and your mother, and your grandmother. It is the closest to iPhone simplicity and stability that I have seen in any Android phone. Plus all the added benefits of the Google-Android experience. I have been able to comfortably recommend this phone to my non-techy friends as a first smartphone, and all have been happy with their experience. For that matter, I would also recommend it to my techy friends who have more to do in life than troubleshoot their phone all the time!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
mightyfacundo, This is the phone for your daughter, and your mother, and your grandmother. It is the closest to iPhone simplicity and stability that I have seen in any Android phone. Plus all the added benefits of the Google-Android experience. I have been able to comfortably recommend this phone to my non-techy friends as a first smartphone, and all have been happy with their experience. For that matter, I would also recommend it to my techy friends who have more to do in life than troubleshoot their phone all the time!

Great feedback! After I started this thread, I read yours on your experience with the Inc2, and I felt like a bit of a dummy. I should have just read your review first, and it would have answered my questions. :p

Thanks, and it looks like my Mom will be the proud owner of a new Incredible 2 this weekend.

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Great feedback! After I started this thread, I read yours on your experience with the Inc2, and I felt like a bit of a dummy. I should have just read your review first, and it would have answered my questions. :p

Thanks, and it looks like my Mom will be the proud owner of a new Incredible 2 this weekend.

I got a white Dinc2 at Bestbuy for free 2 weeks ago for my son. The white one is a really sharp looking phone. I bet mom would love it.

ilovetheflbeach

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am a Mom and a grand mom. I love my Inc 2. I also has a Inc 1. The stock browser is great. I also use shortcut link (which is great and easy to use). I put all my web links into folders that why I use shortcut link. Sorry to overboard I really like my phone way better than iPhone. She will like it also. Take her to Verizon and let her use the phones. The Razor is awesome.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am a Mom and a grand mom. I love my Inc 2. I also has a Inc 1. The stock browser is great. I also use shortcut link (which is great and easy to use). I put all my web links into folders that why I use shortcut link. Sorry to overboard I really like my phone way better than iPhone. She will like it also. Take her to Verizon and let her use the phones. The Razor is awesome.

That's good to hear but you sound way more tech savvy than my Mom! I am going to have to walk her through every aspect of her phone, and I'm sure I'll have to field questions on an hourly basis until she gets the hang of it. But she's very intelligent, so once she gets a handle on things, she'll be thrilled with what the phone can do.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Both my parents got a Inc2 after playing with mine. It's their first smartphone and they love it.

"For that matter, I would also recommend it to my techy friends who have more to do in life than troubleshoot their phone all the time!" ...and that's why I love mine.

I must say I feel a little funny having the same phone as my parents .. :/ There goes my reputation for being the one in the family who is on the cutting edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome