ICS for Inc2?

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
saw that incredible S will get the ICS update.. does that mean inc2 will also get the update?..

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
probably not. Blame it on verizon for being update Nazis. The incredible s has sense 3.0 and yet dinc2 users are still running on 2.1 on all stock. We can all hope and pray

Reactions: HBlackepoxy

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
if they follow the 18 month mandate set forth by google, you should get it. I am a VZW user and I wouldnt hold my breath. It looks like ICS via CM9 is pretty close to a reality though....might want to look it up

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a big difference between the coding for the IncS and the Inc2. Wouldn't they be able to basically update both at the same time?

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i just read that. but still HTC says Inc2 will be getting ICS but it is still up to Verizon if they want ICS to be pushed out to the Inc2 and the Thunderbolt.

Stupid Verizon.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, since these are VZW only phones, I don't see HTC wasting time on ICS if there was a chance of Verizon denying the update. If it ends up not happening it'll be on HTC not VZW, Verizon is just going to make sure they put out a (mostly) bug-free update.

I don't really understand all this Verizon hate and finger pointing when an update isn't as speedy. Will you still get mad at them if they don't bother testing the update and let HTC put out an update that bricks your phone?

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
And don't get me wrong, I don't think Verizon is some benevolent entity that is looking out for your best interest, but they are a huge company that wants to field as few tech support calls and customer complaints as possible.

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't be sense 4.0. HTC has been busy working on sense 4.0 and it can't be that hard to move that to our ICS ROM that they are making. Worst case, I stay routed and just install a ROM with only sense changed and bloat removed :)

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The "are planned" part is what we have to worry about. It maybe planned but doesn't mean it will happen. Maybe a maintenance update or 2 before it is EOL'd but I can;t see much more than that. Hope I'm wrong though! Got almost a full year before I'm eligible for an upgrade.
Unfortunately when VZW replaces a defective phone my upgrade date magically gets pushed back. This time it was pushed back 6 months.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
See the thing that gets me with VZW is this.

Google put out vanilla android (I don't get all the mushy feelings for it, but then again that is serious lack of experience)

Then the manufacturer puts on a skin and adds some bloat

Then VZW has to add in their bloat.

Now the problem: the time between google and the manufacturer is not all that long as we have seentime and time again but the time between the manufacturer and VZW actually pushing the update has been VERY long. I am not sure if it is because they have to make the bloat so tightly integrated or if it is that they figure if they wait long enough you will move to a new handset or what.

That is what bugs me about vzw

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge