DInc2 vs Iphone

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Dinc2 coming tomorrow as a replacement for my X2 which I choose as a replacement for my fascinate last July over a Dinc2 because I didn't know any better and wanted the dual core. 4 DX2's later and Verizon offered me a Dinc2 today. Took it and ran. I will not buy another Motorola phone again for quite some time...........if ever.

Tapped from my Eclipsed X2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The thunderbolt works well on 3g. I keep mine set on 3g cause my home area isn't 4g yet. But promised to be soon. I just upgraded to MIFI for my internet. Same thing. 3g. But its quick

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Dinc2 coming tomorrow as a replacement for my X2 which I choose as a replacement for my fascinate last July over a Dinc2 because I didn't know any better and wanted the dual core. 4 DX2's later and Verizon offered me a Dinc2 today. Took it and ran. I will not buy another Motorola phone again for quite some time...........if ever.

Yeah I'm done with Motorola as well. I've gone through a couple of Droid 2's and a Droid 3. I've had my Droid Incredible 2 for 24 hours, and have had no random reboots, no device freezes, nor have I had any problems with the touch screen. Also, I much prefer Sense pver MotoBlur.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm done with Motorola as well. I've gone through a couple of Droid 2's and a Droid 3. I've had my Droid Incredible 2 for 24 hours, and have had no random reboots, no device freezes, nor have I had any problems with the touch screen. Also, I much prefer Sense pver MotoBlur.

Yeah, I've had all those issues to. The screen has typed stuff for me randomly three times just trying to type this. The last one the 3g radio just died on it, and not a one of them have I been able to play music from the sd card because it skips, and the video freezes when you try to record in HD quality.

Anyway, back on topic, I just can't imagine how unhappy I would be with an iPhone. So I'm hoping the Dinc2 is as reliable as I've read about, especially for my wife because I've got one coming for her too.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Don't get too excited. I've had two Incredible 2 phones and both have suffered from random reboots. They both have also suffered with horrible reception and dropped calls because the signal constantly fluctuates. Then there is the dust problem under the glass, the power button slowly inching its way down into the phone. And did I mention the propensity of the Inc 2 to randomly kill sd cards? Do a Google search on these problems and you'll find they are all common with the Inc 2 phones as they were with the original Incredible and several other phones in the HTC lineup, ie, the EVO, Desire and Hero to name a few.

Last edited:

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Got the EVO DESIGN 4g, a little similar to the DI2 but a little thicker, I don't understand the 4.3-4.7 inch love and when i ask people why, they reply with saying I have girly hands lol....

Perfect size for daily use, don't see the need to go bigger, Android needs a good 4 inch competitor for the iphone, I think the masses think 4.3 to 4.7 is a bit too big.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't get too excited. I've had two Incredible 2 phones and both have suffered from random reboots. They both have also suffered with horrible reception and dropped calls because the signal constantly fluctuates. Then there is the dust problem under the glass, the power button slowly inching its way down into the phone. And did I mention the propensity of the Inc 2 to randomly kill sd cards? Do a Google search on these problems and you'll find they are all common with the Inc 2 phones as they were with the original Incredible and several other phones in the HTC lineup, ie, the EVO, Desire and Hero to name a few.

Great. Just great.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
My brother, his wife, and I all have the Inc2. None of us have ever experienced any of those problems. Its a good phone.

Mine hasn't had any major issues. Plus my battery life is slightly better than the Droid 3. I say slightly because on my DINC 2 I leave my GPS on, whereas on the D3 I left it off. The only thing I've noticed is that when using my aux in line with my car's stereo, I have to twist the cable to get sound on the right side. I'm going to try a different stereo and cable and see if that's the issue. Hopefully it is.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My brother, his wife, and I all have the Inc2. None of us have ever experienced any of those problems. Its a good phone.

Yes. It's good to point out that percentages matter. There is no phone on the planet that has no issues. How many failures per deployed units is the key.

Be careful of what you read, because you'll hear negative stuff far more than positive. One of our sales guys once told me about "the law of 250." He claimed this has been researched and proven... blah, blah, blah...

If someone feels a device or service has not met expectations, they will tell about 12 people. In turn, those people are likely to repeat the complaint to to a number of others, and so on... until the number of people aware of the complaint is about 250 people on average.

On the other hand, if a device or service meets expectations, people will typically tell nobody unless asked directly.

If a product or service exceeds expectations, people tell about three people on average and those people tell nobody.

Although I got this "word of mouth", I believe it.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
This is actually true. People seem to enjoy fussing stuff. I live my Incredible 2 and the Android OS. What I love the most is when I chat with an iOS person who thinks his phone is better than mine, until I tell him where the iPhone is lacking.
Honestly, they all do the same thing. Find the one you can work or best with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz