Naked and loving it!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I screwed up trying to put a new screen protector on and just said screw it.

I've been without screen protector for about a month now and I don't miss it at all. I keep my phone in my pocket with keys. I work in a machine shop with metal shavings everywhere. Screen is good still. (Knocks on wood)

I do use a 1¢ snap together case I got from amazon but nothing on the glass.

Feels good. Liberating

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I love being naked. My phones that is. I had a BB storm that I kept naked, an original Inc, and now Inc2, all naked. They've all ridden in my purse with my keys, through kids and everything else. Never had a scratched screen!

Last edited:

SMocek

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
No case, no screen protector. Looks as good as it did when I walked out of the Verizon store 9 months ago. It's more a testimony to HTC's build quality than my carefulness. :D

Stan M.

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors serve no purpose in this day and age of smartphones with gorilla glass and other tough materials. They made sense back in the day when I was rocking an LG Dare with a resistive plastic screen. It's just money grabbing now.

I've had no case and no protector since day one as well, and the phone looks brand new.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to agree about the screen but I drop my phone alot. I can't risk a direct hit. Too many friends have cracked screens due to a bad fall. This cheap plastic case I have has saved me many times.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my name is Nicky, and I'm a phone dropper.

(Hi, Nicky)

For whatever reason, I have the worst butterfingers when I am handling my phone. Plus, sometimes it just jumps out of my purse. I have GOT to have protection.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
is there an issue with glare on a naked phone? i know a regular type sreen protector has glare to it. an i think anti glare protectors "muddy" up the screen.

i might be interested in trying the naked thing.... glare cant be worse than with a regular screen protector

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So I laughed a little when reading the title of this post, but since a few days ago I have since ripped off my screen protector and WOW what a difference! I feel like I have a brand new phone! The screen looks so much sharper, it's smooth, easier to clean off finger prints, and just feels SO much better! I really can't say enough about how much I am enjoying this. I do still have a rubber case but that's it. I highly recommend this process and I too am now, "Naked and loving it!" :D

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I took my protector off the other day and it was off 4 about 3 hours I was so worried about it it almost made me sick I put the protector back on screen looks great without it but man I just couldn't do it

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I love my seidio acitve case and i couldn't live without it.

The Seidio Active Cases that I've used in the past were great. I'm trying to decide on purchasing one for my Incredible 2. I don't know what other case and holster combos there are out there.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ticktekk

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector but have a qmadix snapon case with belt clip sleeve for work and my d2 is like new after a year. Tried to go without when off work but phone feels strange in my hand almost slippery. Kind of scary.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just peeled the screen protector off of mine and WOW the glass is smooth. Especially for Swyping and playing games like Scramble. Seems worth it to me!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought 2400 mAh battery and there is no protective case for it. I found one case in the internet but it's too ugly so I returned it. I have been without a protective case for about a month and so far so good. I dropped the phone once on a tile floor but instead of shattering the back cover and battery fell apart (and absorbed the impact I assume). Now I will go totally naked by peeling off the screen protector. The screen looks vibrant and gorgeous. I'll let you know how I make out in few months.

Three weeks later - couldn't do it. Put the covers on. Actually, bought a new phone. Rocking the MAXX and loving it.

Last edited:

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to jinx myself. Been a cell phone user for 12 years now, never used a case and never broke a phone due to a drop (dropped a couple over the years - fortunately always on carpet). My Dinc 2 is 6 months old, looks like new except for some wear marks on the back from sliding it in and out of the pocket. Didn't buy a nice looking phone (got the Red one on special last Thanksgiving) to bury it in a case or have a case make it hard to get in and out of my pocket. Just need to treat it well and it will survive.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I keep my phone in a holster (rather than in my pocket), so I see no need for a screen protector. This gorilla glass is pretty tough stuff; I can't imagine it scratching unless something is gouged into it.
I tried a screen protector for a little while to cut down glare (I have one on my Kindle Fire for that reason), but I felt it degraded the quality of the screen's image, so I took it off.

I do keep the phone itself inside one of the rubberized silicon "skins' in case of a drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC