Dinc 2 Power Button Broke - Bad Replacements

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
After being finicky for the past few weeks my power button finally died--I called in today for a warranty replacement and was offered an OG Droid (didn't know they still had these!) or a Droid Eris (or these!) Neither is an acceptable replacement, so they bumped me to tier 2 support who offered me a Droid Pro, Fascinate, or Droid 2. None of these are a good option either. Any ideas on what I should do?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
After being finicky for the past few weeks my power button finally died--I called in today for a warranty replacement and was offered an OG Droid (didn't know they still had these!) or a Droid Eris (or these!) Neither is an acceptable replacement, so they bumped me to tier 2 support who offered me a Droid Pro, Fascinate, or Droid 2. None of these are a good option either. Any ideas on what I should do?

Did the actual power switch break, or just the plastic button cover thing? If it's just the plastic cover, you can replace it pretty easily: HTC Droid Incredible 2 Power Button Replacement

If it's the actual switch, not sure what to recommend, none of the models you were offered are really acceptable (or wouldn't be to me either). Seems crazy they still have stock of the original Droid and Fascinate, but not the Inc2.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing it's the switch, the button looks fine. I asked about a droid X2, they said they don't have those in stock either. They also said they won't put me on a 4G device since I'm currently on a 3G phone.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
They never called me back, so I called again a few hours later and they magically had Dinc2's in stock!

I'm now on my second Dinc2, first one had a messed up power button just like my original one. The one I just got has a bad volume down button :(

I will just keep swapping them out until I get one I that is in good shape or they give me a new phone.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing it's the switch, the button looks fine. I asked about a droid X2, they said they don't have those in stock either. They also said they won't put me on a 4G device since I'm currently on a 3G phone.

They never called me back, so I called again a few hours later and they magically had Dinc2's in stock!

I'm not surprised, some idiot didn't know what they were doing. None of those phones are even close to a comparable replacement for the Dinc2. And I know they have X2's, I sent them back at least 6 lol.

Stay away from the X2, I went through 4 (and the wife had 2) of them, there's only 2-3 good custom roms for it but even then its a laggy buggy POS. Just got my Dinc2 two weeks ago, I'll never go back to moto for the foreseeable future.

I recommend that anyone with an issue like this just keep calling back till you get the same or a suitable replacement. I spent 2 weeks going through troubleshooting on my last X2 with tier 2, replacing the sd card, all kinds of stuff. Kept getting told they couldn't only do a warranty replacement to another model once on an account. Finally one day I got fed up and called and got a sympathetic phone enthusiast like us in tier 2 that offered me the Dinc2 without hesitation.

I'd recommend staying away from moto till they fix their software or unlock their bootloaders, this single core Dinc2 blows away the X2 bone stock.

Ok rant off lol

From my Inc2 running Inc2 HD

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
These phones are plagued with power button issues, dust under the screen and antenna/reception problems. Yet Verizon plays dumb every time somebody calls in with one of these issues. I've been trying to get something done with my phone for a month now and all I get out of Verizon is the same tap and dance. Guess it's time to invoke the mediation provision in my contract.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463