Need help asap!!!!

muteIAndroid

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My Droid incredible 2 will not boot past the htc screen and when i try to wipe date and or install new rom or restore from old backup i get errors like E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
and E:Cant /cache/recovery/last_log.
plz help me!

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What recovery are you using? What were you doing when it wouldn't boot? And what ROM are you trying to install?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

suparedman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue it seems.

Phone: DINC2
ViVow xb ship s-off rl
Hboot-6.13.1002
Radio-1.09.01.0622
eMMC-boot
Apr 1 2011, 18:3:39

Background:
Got replacement phone was gingerbread 2.3.4.
Followed steps to downgrade, root, and superuser
Worked with this for a week
Did a backup through CWM
one night on my Facebook app went to a link through a buddy's page this is what it was:
W0W I cant believe that you can check who ls seeing your proffile I just checked my TOP profile visitors and I am SHOCKED at who ls still checking my proflle! You can also see WHO SEES YOUR PROFlLE Profflle Actvity on Facebook | Facebook ... don't go to that link i believe it corrupted my phone.

Had to reflash cwm to get it to properly restore my backup.

Found new CM9 Rom for 4.0.3 ICS, Flashed, was really impressed. Played with it for almost 2 hours and fell asleep at 5am with dinc2 ics in my hand. Happy.

In the morning i woke up to find a few miss calls and remembered i had not restored my data so my call log and contacts where not there.

Downloaded Titanium and restored data. Errors and told me to reset.

Since then unable to re flash custom recovery, unable to flash roms, seems that internal partition is messed (thinking this because researched and found similar issues but with the dinc)

Its been 48 hours of constant research and no avail. Thinking bricked.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue it seems.

Phone: DINC2
ViVow xb ship s-off rl
Hboot-6.13.1002
Radio-1.09.01.0622
eMMC-boot
Apr 1 2011, 18:3:39

Background:
Got replacement phone was gingerbread 2.3.4.
Followed steps to downgrade, root, and superuser
Worked with this for a week
Did a backup through CWM
one night on my Facebook app went to a link through a buddy's page this is what it was:
W0W I cant believe that you can check who ls seeing your proffile I just checked my TOP profile visitors and I am SHOCKED at who ls still checking my proflle! You can also see WHO SEES YOUR PROFlLE Profflle Actvity on Facebook | Facebook ... don't go to that link i believe it corrupted my phone.

Had to reflash cwm to get it to properly restore my backup.

Found new CM9 Rom for 4.0.3 ICS, Flashed, was really impressed. Played with it for almost 2 hours and fell asleep at 5am with dinc2 ics in my hand. Happy.

In the morning i woke up to find a few miss calls and remembered i had not restored my data so my call log and contacts where not there.

Downloaded Titanium and restored data. Errors and told me to reset.

Since then unable to re flash custom recovery, unable to flash roms, seems that internal partition is messed (thinking this because researched and found similar issues but with the dinc)

Its been 48 hours of constant research and no avail. Thinking bricked.

stop you get it to boot up to the htc screen? Can you get into the bootloader or recovery?

suparedman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the Quick Reply, i just got finished getting ready to go to vstore and get new phone, but thought i'd check my mail,

Thank you in advance for any further help:

Boots to HTC white screen if i don't perform the voldown + power. Stays there all night.

I can boot to recovery but when it loads it gives me the E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command stuff as OP stated.

Since last post i have:

Tried RUU froyo, RUU Gingerbread, i wipe data cache and davchik every time before i install. They have all failed.

From HBOOT as PG32IMG.zip they all fail at boot Loading

i fear i have messed up something with internal memory and only thing that i have seen to fix was for a Droid incredible one using Parted.

suparedman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
stop you get it to boot up to the htc screen? Can you get into the bootloader or recovery?

Thank you for the Quick Reply, i just got finished getting ready to go to vstore and get new phone, but thought i'd check my mail,

Thank you in advance for any further help:

Boots to HTC white screen if i don't perform the voldown + power. Stays there all night.

I can boot to recovery but when it loads it gives me the E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command stuff as OP stated.

Since last post i have:

Tried RUU froyo, RUU Gingerbread, i wipe data cache and davchik every time before i install. They have all failed.

From HBOOT as PG32IMG.zip they all fail at boot Loading

i fear i have messed up something with internal memory and only thing that i have seen to fix was for a Droid incredible one using Parted.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
From what I'm to understand you can usually recover as long as you can get to recovery. Although I haven't used cwm in some time. You did reflash cwm? have you tried pushing the files from a computer using adb?

suparedman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm to understand you can usually recover as long as you can get to recovery. Although I haven't used cwm in some time. You did reflash cwm? have you tried pushing the files from a computer using adb?

At first i was on CWM 4.0.XX and re-flashed recovery to CWM 5.0.2.0, did a recover and that's how i got back before i did the titanium upload of system data to my ics rom.

Since then when i try to flash recovery it freezes on updating.

everytime i try to install Rom or ruu from recovery now i get installation aborted (Status 1)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae