Even if I drop my verizon htc incredible 2 onto a semi hard surface from a height if 1-2 inches, the phone restarts. Is this normal for these phones? the phone is only 1 wk old.

Thank you!
    06-22-2012 01:12 PM
    1-That doesn't sound normal...

2-Stop dropping it! :what:
    06-22-2012 01:25 PM
    1-That doesn't sound normal...

2-Stop dropping it! :what:
    First, What he said..

Second, I think you are lucky it is only rebooting and not completely dead if you are dropping it that often. Get a case.

Then again, maybe I'm just weird but even if I drop it from a 1-2 inch height I'm pissed I did it. However I have the HTC TPU case from Shop Android on it and it did drop out of my hand getting out of the car the other day, bounced and rolled, no reboot, case saved it, like it never happened. Well worth the $10.
    06-22-2012 02:05 PM
    This dropping I'm talking about is from 1-2 inches. Like when it slides out of your lap onto the center console of the car.

Do me a huge favor and drop your HTC Incredible from 1" OK? It doesn't hurt anything..... but will tell me if restarting is normal when handled that way...

pretty please...
    06-22-2012 03:33 PM
    No it is not normal.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-2012 03:38 PM
    Not normal. Just dropped mine and no restart.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    J8cobparker likes this.
    06-22-2012 03:48 PM
    Not normal..might be a faulty battery housing. Get a replacement.or a case!

- Sent from DiNc2
    J8cobparker likes this.
    06-23-2012 02:57 PM
    This was a known problem with my old blackberry tour. Faulty battery cover. Upon impact the battery becomes disconnected just long enough to turn off then back on again.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk
    J8cobparker likes this.
    06-24-2012 04:26 PM
    Mine dropped from about 8' onto solid concrete. No issues like the one reported
    06-26-2012 05:17 PM
    Easy fix....wait for it.....QUIT DROPPING YOUR DAMN PHONE!! They not made of rubber or made worth a damn for that matter.

Bubba's Rezound!
    lherch likes this.
    07-02-2012 12:54 PM
    I think that normal, because my phone,galaxy s3, drop from 1.5 in and it restart. Then it work perfectly.
    07-16-2013 03:32 AM
    I have the same problem with my galaxy grand prime it restarts even for like 5 inches onto my bed and I have a case
    08-04-2016 01:23 AM
    I had a similar issue with my Galaxy J3. I rarely drop my phone as it is in a silica gel case, but, from only an inch drop, if it landed on its back, it would restart.
    I unclipped the back from the phone & found that the battery was a little looser than it ought to be & the rear cover didn't seem to be supporting the battery enough, so the battery temporarily disconnected if dropped.
    I simply cut an inch square piece of plastic from a pop bottle, placed it on the battery, then clipped the rear cover back on. Problem solved, my phone has worked perfectly since.
    It's worth a try & hope it works for you.
    04-04-2017 06:29 AM
    This seems to only happen to phones with removable backs that are a very flexible plastic sort of material. It must flex just enough to move the battery out of place and then back into place. Simple idea is to get a tight phone case or a phone without a removable back.
    06-12-2017 04:08 PM
    Its because if you look at the battery on your phone and take it out you will see prongs on the phone and gold colored plating on the battery so when you drop it there is a brief moment when the prongs are not touching the battery so it turns off and then turns back on here's and YouTube link for further instructions:
    12-31-2017 04:22 PM
    Even if I drop my verizon htc incredible 2 onto a semi hard surface from a height if 1-2 inches, the phone restarts. Is this normal for these phones? the phone is only 1 wk old.

Thank you!
    10-02-2018 06:59 AM
    I appear to have the exact same problem. even if I don't drop it I place it down and it snaps to the ground like placing a cup of tea carefully, it restarts and drops the battery percentage lowbatt. I have two batteries though. and that one only battery is the one restarts when hits the ground. it shakes the battery, it is powerful enough to move the battery 000000.01 inches and makes the phone restart. and the second one doesn't restart like the first battery when placed or dropped. makes sense? hence that battery is broken or got wet on another phone it was on.
    10-02-2018 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD