Any closer to getting ICS?

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well its getting toward the end of August. Anything happening? Trying to hold out to see what happens before I make a switch to the Incredible 4G.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the UI is going to be? Doubt it's stock ICS. Most likely a new(er) version of sense? I'll probably keep using a home replacement.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
This is good news! We're coming up on the last week of August, and I was starting to think that htc was gonna renege on their promise.

jgfan1972

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
From what is posted in the fourm posts the "test" rom has Sense 3.6, which if remember correctly is the same that all of the HTC phones that have received the ICS upgrade have received. It is ICS 4.0.4

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If it's the same specs as the ego design 4G trust me your don't want ics.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is good news as it proves it is being worked on but according to the FAQ on the XDA thread...

Its a userdebug rom (read not tester, but internal developer test build) from July.

And this:

The tbolts debug test build is from April and they don't have an ota yet

In other words this leak doesn't guarantee an OTA anytime soon.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the OTA will come rooted, but that would be great. Would love to ditch the bloat.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
An article I read says that the official ICS leak comes rooted as one of the features. What does this mean?

I know I have to be rooted to install the leak but does that mean the official OTA version will be rooted?

Source http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1846304

The OTA won't be rooted, nitsuj17 just added root as a feature to the leak. Honestly, if rooting voids warranty and gives the ability to have many features over stock (tethering, removing bloatware, etc.) who would ever think that Verizon would actually send out a rooted OTA? I can't see that ever happening.

Unless you mean if a dev will put out a rooted version of the OTA when possible. Then yes it's pretty much guaranteed that a ROM or multiple ones will be posted in the future.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Just thought it was odd to list rooted as a feature when you have to be rooted to get it in the first place.

So wtf do we get the ota? It's officially late august now.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just hoping that, when it does come, we don't have all the problems that have been reported with recent updates to ICS on other phones.

areoinn

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Possible bad news, Just saw an article stating that HTC has decided to not upgrade the Incredible S with ICS. Sure hope that has no bearing on the inc2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar