Any closer to getting ICS?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought the S was already running ICS. Which was a "good sign" for dinc2 users.

Sent from my your mom using Tapatalk 2

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought the S was already running ICS.

I thought so too. I think it does, but each carrier is free to deny their customers as they wish. In this case Bell Mobility decided not to send the update.

If you read the comments there are a lot of people in various countries who got ICS via an official OTA, but from a different carrier I presume.

Hopefully Verizon won't find a reason to not do the update for the inc2.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Htc already released it for the dinc2. It's out now but not officially from Verizon. You'd have to root to get it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

KMF0727

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My frustrations with HTC and/or Verizon are growing stronger by the day. They said that we Dinc 2 owners would be getting ICS by the end of August which is tomorrow and still we haven't heard squat yet. And for the record I am not a rooter not that there is anything wrong with it it's just not for me.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of rooting, but want to hold off to see what they give us first. I only root if I have issues with the phone, which I don't.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
And for the record I am not a rooter not that there is anything wrong with it it's just not for me.
+1 When i had my dInc1, I rooted and flashed many drives. I just got bored with it and seemed like the ROMs always had updates which makes you do a data reset every freaking two weeks! Been non-rooted for over a year now:)

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never rooted but I'm seriously considering it. Mostly just to get rid of the bloat and install ICS. I've been using HoloLauncher and really like the customization.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an Incredible 2 to serve as a stand in for a faltering Incredible until I decide on my next device. It's disappointing to see the foot-dragging on the ICS update. I'll take a look at the root thread. Any idea how hard the process is to root the Dinc2?

volleyfaj

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So frustrated of software updates that never come; first with WebOS and now with android. With an upgrade available, it looks like I'll be picking up an iphone soon.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think delays for the Tbolt mean delays for the Inc 2. They only have so many developers, so if they are struggling with one project that just takes away from another I am guessing.

I agree with some of the above comments: custom roms can be a pain. I have one on my tablet, but I don't want to do that for my all-important primary phone.

And it's true, Verizon's Nexus isn't getting updates. You know what this means to me? Goodbye Verizon. They are giving me zero reasons to stay with them. New every two has become meaningless, and they added to that a $30 upgrade fee, and they don't update their phones. Why am I with them again? The network? Yeah it's not that amazing, not enough to put with the BS.

I think I might buy a used Nexus S and try out T-mobile's $30 plan just to see what that's like.

OK, done ranting!

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The ONLY reason I've stuck with Verizon so far has been the network. I've had enough people tell me I can't get a signal in places where I DID get a signal that I've stuck with them. I don't like being gouged for data though. I don't have a grandfathered unlimited plan. Their new "shared data" plan doesn't interest me at all. I hardly use the 2GB they gouge me for now. I use WiFi all over the place. It's faster than 3G. There isn't any 4G coverage where I live (although it may come within the next year). I hardly use the data plan at all but I still have to pay for the stupid thing.

Reactions: dobermans rule

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463