Any closer to getting ICS?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Note to self: Never ever buy a non-Nexus device ever again!

Note to self number 2: See note number 1!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Good one, Next time I too will be getting a Nexus or the Samsung Galaxy S4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

WinPhoneMaybe

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if I root I loose access to my corporate e-mail which has root detection. Can't go without that! I'm at the mercy of Verizon I guess :-(

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
You can vote with your wallet and never buy an HTC (or Motorola) phone again. Motorola is even worse at abandoning their phones. Remember how people waited almost a year for the Bionic to come out? It was supposed to be the flagship phone. Hah. Its still running GB too and Motorola completely abandoned it. At least HTC apologized and is still working on it.

But you are right. ICS was released almost a year ago. There is no excuse for waiting this long.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You can vote with your wallet and never buy an HTC (or Motorola) phone again. Motorola is even worse at abandoning their phones. Remember how people waited almost a year for the Bionic to come out? It was supposed to be the flagship phone. Hah. Its still running GB too and Motorola completely abandoned it. At least HTC apologized and is still working on it.

But you are right. ICS was released almost a year ago. There is no excuse for waiting this long.

You can bet I will never buy a Motorola or HTC product again. Motorola dropped the ball when they didn't upgrade any of there 3G phones like the Droid X2. HTC use to be the first to roll out updates now Motorola and HTC are tied for last place but at least they are updating there 3G phones. I'm getting tired of Sense anyway time for a Samsung or a Nexus.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
They can gain our trust that our android device wont be obsolete within 6 months of purchase. I mean cmon my wife has the iPhone 4s and had no problem getting apples new ios. We shouldn't have to always buy the newest device to get the newest os!!!

Seriously, you know verizons main objective is to sell phones & service! If your not happy with your phone, they know you will purchase another! Its to their benefit not to update all phones!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, you know verizons main objective is to sell phones & service! If your not happy with your phone, they know you will purchase another! Its to their benefit not to update all phones!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Yep, and there's the crux of it!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea i got that about two weeks ago and again now. Don't know if it means anything but the last time it didn't. Just corrected itself to no update available the next day. I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just get the no update available sign. I have never gotten the service unavailable one like you guys have.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just get the no update available sign. I have never gotten the service unavailable one like you guys have.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

That's the same thing I'm getting now. But was getting a Software update not available before I restarted my phone on Sunday.

jgfan1972

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my update and it looks normal. But then again still no update....come on big red just give us what we want...most of us can't upgrade yet anyway... :(