Any closer to getting ICS?

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say its difficult, but its not for people that don't know some simple commands in cmd. If your knowledgeable in computer, I don't think you will have any issues. Otherwise, I wouldn't try it. It is difficult for a reason.

Little bit of a contradiction, but I understand what you mean. The main thing is to research the process and in doing so, you should be able to figure out if it is something that you are comfortable with tackling.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Samsung is they update their Verizon phones just as little as HTC. On the other hand, GPS is way better on HTC phones IMO. Looking at the Droid DNA now!

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not a fan of Touchwiz but there are no HTC phones I'm interested in since I bought the Dinc2, they blew it in my opinion with the DNA and I'm wanting a large phone.

The Nottinator

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the size of my Droid Incredible 2. I don't think I could go bigger. I could definitely go smaller like the size of the Motorola Droid Razr M.

Not getting the ICS update wouldn't really bother me. I would definitely like it, but I could live without it. If they asked me if I wanted it, I would say yes. But the bad part of getting a new update is that it could come with bugs and glitches, which would make we extremely angry.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised HTC said that. At least they finally came open and told us what was going on. It gives us a little bit of hope. And I'm glad they didn't send it out because I definitely don't want/need connectivity issues.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I read that yesterday I'm glad they finally gave a reason and that the update is still on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm glad to have a reason, it makes me wish my Verizon contract was ending sooner than October. Planning on switching to AT&T and getting a Nexus phone. I like my Incredible 2, but this lack of an upgrade and how it's been handled has left me feeling sour towards HTC and Verizon.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you, dobermans rule. Would be happy to get the ICS update, but am sick of waiting and have basically given up and switching to a Nexus when my contract runs out. it's the only to ensure an update when it comes out. Oh, and a real Nexus, which means goodbye Verizon.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've moved on, waiting at Verizon right now to get the note 2.

Messed up my Dinc2 anyway. One of the contacts that press against the battery door kept drooping and the last time I messed with it I broke one off. No cell signal.......

The Nottinator

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope you guys eventually get ICS. The DInc2 is my favorite HTC phone. If ICS does come, I will pick one up off of Craigslist just to play around with.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The phone is over 18 months old. I'd be completely shocked if it ever saw an update.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticing a little lag here and there? If we got that ICS update, I would be scared it would lag all the time because it is only a single core.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave up on the update and got a used Galaxy Nexus from a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze