I have the Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2, and for those of you who have this phone kno as well how much annoyance the pre-installed apps cause. For instance, the Blockbuster app, Verizon video and Tones app, NFL Mobile, and Kindle. I don't use these apps at all. So I don't bother updating them because it will just take up more space. Right now, there is an update for the Blockbuster app, Kindle, Verizon Video, and NFL Mobile. Is there a way I can "hide" these apps from showing them in my "installed" apps waiting for me to update them?

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
    09-05-2012 04:48 PM
    I've been hoping for an answer to this exact question. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    09-05-2012 09:32 PM
    Nope... you can't even hide apps that you've un-installed and no longer use from the list.

Quoted from Google Help
    "At this time, there is no way to permanently delete or remove apps from the Google Play website (My Orders/My Android Apps) or from the Google Play Store app (My Apps) that you’ve previously downloaded but have since uninstalled".
    09-05-2012 09:48 PM
    Nope... you can't even hide apps that you've un-installed and no longer use from the list.

Quoted from Google Help
    What if I use the HTC DevUnlock tool, doesn't that unlock the bootloader and make it A-OFF? Then would I be able to remove them? Or would I need a full root

09-05-2012 10:07 PM
    You would need root, if you're gonna unlock the bootloader.. you might as well just root the phone. Then you can use an app like Titanium Backup and freeze/delete the unwanted apps from the phone, which will also stop them from showing up in the Play Store.

Rooting would be your only option for removing those apps.
    09-05-2012 10:11 PM
    You would need root, if you're gonna unlock the bootloader.. you might as well just root the phone. Then you can use an app like Titanium Backup and freeze/delete the unwanted apps from the phone, which will also stop them from showing up in the Play Store.

Rooting would be your only option for removing those apps.
    I'm kinda afraid to downgrade to 2.3.3 for rooting because I don't want to brick my phone. Are you rooted on your Droid Inc 2 and was it hard to do?

09-05-2012 11:47 PM
    I don't own the DInc 2 plus I'm not sure how experienced you are but if you do your research, ask questions and get one of the more experienced DInc owners to walk you through it.. you should be okay... just stick to following the directions for rooting and you should be fine.

This seems to be a good thread for help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/inc...dible-2-a.html
    09-06-2012 12:28 AM
    I know this is an old thread. And I understand that Ti Backup used to work for detaching an app from Play Store. But I also understand that this works no longer. For those who are interested, I have created an app that does a pretty good job of this. It is called Hide Updates In Play Store. There is a video showing the app at work. Thanks

(search Play Store for com.whitedavidp.hideupdatesinplaystore)
    09-08-2015 02:18 PM
    I believe there is a way to hide the apps in (my apps section) there's an x on the right side of the app. X it out.

Let me know if it works
    12-14-2015 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD