HTC Incredible 2 on Straight Talk 3G Speed

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to achieve 3G speeds using an HTC Incredible 2 on Straight Talk? I've read that Verizon has some kind of firmware block on this phone so that if you unlock it and switch networks (like I did) your data speeds would be slow. I'm only able to receive AT&T's older EDGE speeds, which are killing me (25kbps down). Is there a way to bypass this issue, such as updating firmware or rooting or something? Thanks.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
3g is omitted from the gsm radio to prevent what ur trying to do. The dinc2 as a result only runs edge on gsm. Gotta love carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
All carriers are SOBs. At least I have unlimited everything and I pay less than half of what they wanted before. Take THAT Verizon!

3g is omitted from the gsm radio to prevent what ur trying to do. The dinc2 as a result only runs edge on gsm. Gotta love carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BullwinkleJM

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I needed a temporary phone and fired up my wife's old Inc2 hoping to get a cheap phone/txt plan and only get some bonus data whenever I had wifi but Verizon had other ideas. Hosing me for $80 a month :(

How has your experience been with Staight Talk? Is it a bargain? was it difficult to activate and get it all working? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel