Really weird texting issue in portrait mode??

scizzors76

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I searched the forums and did not find any threads pertaining to my issue. Maybe someone else had or is having this problem.

My Verizon Incredible 2 really seems to have a keyboard issue in portrait mode. Here are some instances...

1. Adding contacts in portrait mode. After adding about 15 contacts or so, the keyboard goes haywire. Particularly, the spacebar becomes useless or causes the cursor to backup a letter. Then shortly the whole bottom row of keys like the "." "," don't work at all. The rest of the keyboard types random letters or just freeze.

2. Texting a reply to a message in portrait mode. Same as above but sometimes I can turn the phone to landscape and continue typing. Most of the time not.

Going to settings - manage applications - all - touch input clear data does not work. I have also tried to clear the data in storage and it doesn't remedy the problem. Also tried the task killer and shutting the phone down, restarting, and the texting still does not work. I also tried resetting the keyboard and recalibrating it with NO luck.

Only thing that clears the issue is a Battery Pull! Ugh, what a pain! Especially, when I have phone wrapped in a otterbox! Any ideas?? Could it be a software issue? Could the phone be faulty?? Should I download a different keyboard?

Running on Android version 2.3.4
HTC sense version 2.1

Really appreciate any help I can get with this and sorry if this a repeat question but I couldn't find any info.