Right channel in headphones not working

ShineHigh247

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,
I know that the Inc2 has had a lot of headphone-jack issues, typically the jack not being pressed down firm enough into the port; mine's a little different.
Ive had my inc2 for a few months and constantly use my port for either headphones or my car aux cable. One day the right channel went out and the only way that I can get it going is to pull the headphone jack towards me (front of the phone) and hold it in place. Once I let go, it's back to left-channel-only-mode.

I thought about opening the phone and either checking for a loose connection or replacing the port - but I don't see any ports for sale and don't wanna take it apart for nothing if it's not just loose. Has anybody else had this issue or have any suggestions for me? I've powered off the phone and cleaned the port with a little alcohol and have also scrapped out the port in case there was any lent. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks!

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Try to see if the headphones/earphones you're currently using on your device aren't the cause of the problem. If not, the port may be damaged, specifically the two metal contacts inside the port.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem on my DNA, but I have always fixed it by scraping it with a piece of #14 wire and/or blowing out the port with compressed air, which it sounds like you've tried. In my case, it is definitely lint that gets jammed down in there and my headphone jack doesn't go all the way in, causing the problem. Like you, when that happens and until I clean it out, I have to pull the cord toward me to get it to work. Since that's the case, it doesn't sound like the connection is loose (but I could be wrong), so I don't know if I would take it apart just yet. Are you holding it upside down when you scrape it and subsequently blow it out? I wish I had a better suggestion, but like I said, this has always worked for me.