Dinc 2 = 3G Thunderbolt?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kickstand. I'm sure the big one will be price point.

4" screen vs 4.3" screen (a big deal since a lot of people think 4" is the perfect size)

And those awesome Android buttons that rotate with the phone when you go from portrait to landscape.

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I won't know if the 4" screen is "perfect" until I see it. Really glad this thing is (supposedly) going to work overseas on GSM networks. Awesome!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I won't know if the 4" screen is "perfect" until I see it. Really glad this thing is (supposedly) going to work overseas on GSM networks. Awesome!

clarified my post. Both are Super LCD so screen quality should be equal (we all know how that could go, though), and with a smaller physical size the 4" screen should look a little sharper.

Captcha Your Soul

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If price wasn't necessarily an issue, then why would someone pick this over the HTC Thunderbolt?

I mean the Thunderbolt has 4g (really big thing) and you can lock in the $30 pricing if you get it now. Also it has a kickstand (minor thing) and a slightly bigger screen (usually seen as good).

There is not alot of differentiation going on here and that's just plain confusing for a consumer.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Inc 2 will likely be $200 on contract opposed to the TBolt's $250. Inc 2 has also been mentioned as a "wold phone" so it might be a better choice for business people. Tbolt has LTE. Other than that, I get the impression that they are basically the same phone.

But that could be said for all of HTC's current offering other than the Evo 3D ;)

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The main reason why I originally liked this phone over the bolt was because I assumed it would be smaller but the dimensions are virtually the same. I still think I will get it if it has the global capacity, but that isn't a huge deal. There will need to be a significantly cheaper price or some other feature that makes it stand apart from the bolt.

joeturni#CB

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I know that the battery life of the original Dinc was far superior to the Tbolt's and hopefully it will continue with the 2...I had the Tbolt for 1 week and could not stomach its pitiful battery life...took it back to wait for either the Dinc2 or the Droid Bionic

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If price wasn't necessarily an issue, then why would someone pick this over the HTC Thunderbolt?

I mean the Thunderbolt has 4g (really big thing) and you can lock in the $30 pricing if you get it now. Also it has a kickstand (minor thing) and a slightly bigger screen (usually seen as good).

There is not alot of differentiation going on here and that's just plain confusing for a consumer.

Yeah but if you're not in one of the 38 markets that have LTE, than the LTE isn't that big a deal. Inc 2 is the perfect option for someone who wants a Bolt minus the bolts atrocious battery life and live somewhere where LTE will not be for quite some time.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea. I agree. As speculation that the Merge isn't happening continues, I might cave and get this instead. I have internet pretty much most places I go. And I don't need fast phone intertubes.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What about the ability to use voice and data at the same time? Will the inc2 have that ability when it's here in the states on a cdma network like the TB can do?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would think that battery life will be better than the thunderbolt because it'll be short a LTE radio.

So it should be on par with the battery life I get, which is pretty good.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope that the battery holds strong. I do want this phone, but i'm not going to purchase for the first day until I see some reviews to see if its worth it or go for something else

Yukstin

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely looking forward to this phone. Having a BB for the past five years has been long enough. I need to take the jump from my tour as soon as possible as the thing is dying a slow death. While I wouldn't mind 4g as I live in a 4g area, I don't want the 4.3 screen in the TB and I want a phone to last me all day thru moderate use.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I would wait about a month to read reports of battery life, GPS, and other points.

I've bought two phones now on launch day and almost regret doing so; would rather have waited.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I like the single-piece battery back cover the this and the EVO have versus the partial back battery cover the Thunderbolt has. Much easier to design a smoother extended battery cover as opposed to the pregnant look the Bolt's extended battery gives it. :p