Dinc 2 = 3G Thunderbolt?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
clarified my post. Both are Super LCD so screen quality should be equal (we all know how that could go, though), and with a smaller physical size the 4" screen should look a little sharper.

100% wrong. The incredible 2 (s) has a super LCD screen while the thunderbolt has a new TFT screen. The difference is highly noticeable on pictures with the thunderbolt and incredible s side by side (forgot what website these pics were on).

Also, a friend on mine emailed HTC and they confirmed that the thunderbolt DOES NOT have a super lcd display.

davidpquesada

Jun 28, 2010
profiles.google.com
I'm in LTE area, but don't want to have to be tied to chargers or worried about flipping 4g on/off to get through the day. If TB came with full days worth of battery life then TB for sure. Looking forward to DInc 2.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
100% wrong. The incredible 2 (s) has a super LCD screen while the thunderbolt has a new TFT screen. The difference is highly noticeable on pictures with the thunderbolt and incredible s side by side (forgot what website these pics were on).

Also, a friend on mine emailed HTC and they confirmed that the thunderbolt DOES NOT have a super lcd display.

Not 100%. I was wrong about the screen type, yes, but my statement about sharpness still stands. DPI is higher on the Inc 2 than the Thunderbolt.

All I had to do to find out the screen type was look at HTC's website. It didn't take an email. Full specs are HERE.

Which only supports the fact that this phone (IMHO) is the best option for people that won't have LTE for a while. (between this and the Thunderbolt)

Rhyyker

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not 100%. I was wrong about the screen type, yes, but my statement about sharpness still stands. DPI is higher on the Inc 2 than the Thunderbolt.

All I had to do to find out the screen type was look at HTC's website. It didn't take an email. Full specs are HERE.

Which only supports the fact that this phone (IMHO) is the best option for people that won't have LTE for a while. (between this and the Thunderbolt)

agreed. I first got interested in the bolt when it was rumored to be the "incredible hd". If I lived somewhere with no LTE coming for a year or two then I would be getting this over the bolt easily.

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i'm really looking forward to this phone. 4g isn't important to me. world phone capabilities would be huge. after clunking around with pseudo motoblur on the X i'm really considering getting an htc phone. sense looks so cool. the big things for me would be battery life and the camera. so far it seems that most of the htc phones have battery issues. i want my phone to be my primary means of taking pictures and video so a good camera is a must.

oh and quick question: do htc phones get swype?

Gabezermeno

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
upgrade to a better phone.

So if my Droid incredible 1 broke, could I Exchange it for this one after it was out for say a month? Since the dinc 1 was already discontinued a little while ago?

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
So if my Droid incredible 1 broke, could I Exchange it for this one after it was out for say a month? Since the dinc 1 was already discontinued a little while ago?

only if vzw had absolutly no INC1 left in stock. but i doubt that for a while, maybe 6 months down the road. maybe.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The main reason why I originally liked this phone over the bolt was because I assumed it would be smaller but the dimensions are virtually the same.

Oh... I really hope I don't end up agreeing with you on the dimensions being virtually the same. :-\

I have been waiting to get a new phone (my 1st smartphone) since mid-February and the only reason why I haven't snatched the Thunderbolt is because it is just too big. Between rumors of the DINC2 coming soon, the fact that is only has a 4" screen and looking at the pictures of the INC S, it looks more my style (smaller and thinner). So I have been holding out so that I could compare the 2 (and any other new VZW phones that may come out within the same timeframe). Yes, call me crazy, but I am willing to sacrifice 4G LTE speed for a phone who's size suits me better (I don't plan on extensive data usage).

I do hope, however, that it comes out before April 17th because my plan was to only go with a 1 year contract for the DINC2 so that I would have the contractual option to upgrade to a LTE phone next year. If it comes out on the 28th as the leaked roadmap shows, I guess I will have to re-evaluate my plan and weigh the benefits/comfort of the DINC2 size to sacrificing 4g LTE service for 2 years. :p

Last edited:

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh... I really hope I don't end up agreeing with you on the dimensions being virtually the same. :-\

Here are the dimensions from the repective phones. I am assuming the Dinc2 has the same dimensions as the S

Thunderbolt. 122 X 66 X 13 mm
Incredible S. 120 X 64 X 11.7 mm
Incredible. 117 X 58.5 X 11.9 mm

The height doesn't really matter to me. Just the width. The original Dinc felt nice and the Bolt just didn't seem comfortable. I don't see 2 mm smaller making it feel any better. I hope it still has a nice feel cause I really do want this phone. But I don't want to be hauling a brick around in my pocket.

disney.jessica

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone know if the Droid Incredible S should be able to use voice and data at the same time? Also, should it have Blockbuster, and does anyone know if the processor is the same one that could be able to support Netflix if/when it comes out? My upgrade is in July, and I'll definitely be upgrading to Android, almost certainly an HTC Sense phone. I don't live in a 4G LTE zone, but I'm near 4G areas, and since this is a phone I figured since I'll have it for two years it would even be worth it just for sometimes trying out the new LTE and eventually getting LTE when it comes to my area. I do like the Incredible S, though, too. If it was 4G, it would probably be perfect. I love the Thunderbolt, but seeing its thickness is worrying me. In pictures, it almost looks like a Treo. I'm sure it's not that big, but the design just reminds me of that from certain angles, like from the side of the phone. I've played with a relative's Droid X that they recently upgraded to, and though I like HTC Sense better, the screen size is pretty nice and I like the way it feels in my hand, but I'm not sure how much thinner it is than the Thunderbolt. I also read in an Incredible S review that it has great battery. I'm used to the Pixi's battery that can hardly last six hours of standby time(with battery calibration before charging and the settings on lowest brightness, everything turned off), and I want something that can last going places and me using my phone for more than six hours. I like Gowalla and Angry Birds, but both drain my battery and my GPS is hardly ever strong enough to use Gowalla. I guess I'll just have to wait until my upgrade and how everyone's impressions and opinions of each phone hold up, and what changes are made in software updates to each (and if there's any news about Netflix or Skype Video).

Last edited:

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Here are the dimensions from the repective phones. I am assuming the Dinc2 has the same dimensions as the S

The height doesn't really matter to me. Just the width. The original Dinc felt nice and the Bolt just didn't seem comfortable. I don't see 2 mm smaller making it feel any better. I hope it still has a nice feel cause I really do want this phone. But I don't want to be hauling a brick around in my pocket.

I don't want a brick either! But it seems like all the new phones coming out are BIG... I will say that I will have a good laugh at myself if the DINC2 comes out and I still end up with the Thunderbolt! :eek::D

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the 4" screen is a perfect size, I'm really having a hard time deciding among this, xperia play (because i'm a big gamer and playstation fanboy), droid bionic, and lg rev, the main thing holding me back on the last 2 is the screen size, 4.3 inches is just too big, and I have fairly large hands.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Most likely, the reason for they opted for it to be a little wider was for the GSM radios, rather than make it thicker....that would be why it's close to the width of the 'Bolt

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The incredible 2 to would be the most likely to replace my dx with at this time .I would still keep the incredible tho if/when I do an upgrade.
I do live in a 4g area but still the incredible 2 appeals to me more then the TB .I wish it was 4" amoled screen tho ha :D

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the original Incredible and I love this phone. The new one will be global and have a 4 inch vs the 4.3 It won't have the voice and data use at the same time and I was liking the TB for that reason, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on selecting the new Inc2 over the TB. It is 3g and will not be 4g and again, this is not a deal breaker.
I can't upgrade till next year and plan pricing will definitely help make my decision where the data is concerned. I don't have to have rocket speed. I do need reliability and the Incredible is perfect for me. My call quality is awesome and it holds the signal. I rarely get dropped. I think the Incredible reliability speaks for itself.

beeray

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I read all the specs for the incredible2 and I'm a bit confused. It only has 1 gig of memory? I think my Droid x had 8.

Is that correct?
Beeray

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I read all the specs for the incredible2 and I'm a bit confused. It only has 1 gig of memory? I think my Droid x had 8.

Is that correct?
Beeray

Memory and storage are different things. Apparently dinc2 will have 16 Gb SD pre-installed.