Internal Storage

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this phone really only going to have 1gb of internal storage? I have read 1gb places and other places 4gb. Anyone have any ideas?

Im coming from a BB Storm 1 so i guess that would be a ton more then i currently have but it seems like a small amount compared to the new phones coming out.

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Let me clarify my statement.

I have read 1gb on board and 16gb sd card.

Does having that little memory on board hurt this phone?

I think this will be my 1st android phone and with only 1gb on board restrict the programs i can install or are pretty much all programs allow the option to install to SD card?

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
1 gb of onboard is all good

I think this will be my 1st android phone and with only 1gb on board restrict the programs i can install or are pretty much all programs allow the option to install to SD card?

Having the little memory will not hurt it at all and it is better to keep everything on the sd card anyway. Most apps can be installed on the sd card. I have had an htc incredible 1 for a year and have not used any of the internal storage. This is because apps download to a separate thing than the phone storage. Even if you do need more memory you can always get a bigger sd card. The incredible 1 is a great phone even by todays standards and the incredible 2 is going to be even greater.

Reactions: nbaresejr

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I have half that on my epic and my phone is in a great deal of pain ... lol j/k
It wouldn't hurt or slowdown the phone at all .. All it really does is upset some people that are going to complain about it only having 1gb of internal storage if that holds up to be true... I don't think that ot be the case but if it ends up being so it will still be a great phone... Enjoy it when it comes...

ibninja

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
BGR is saying that the Incredible 2 will have 4 GB of internal storage. I'd be shocked if HTC puts so little internal storage if they did release it with only 1 gig.

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would be shocked also if its released like the incredible s with 1gb.

All the material officially released says nothing about the on board storage. All it says is 16gb preinstalled sd card.

There was 1 note on a Verizon sheet that said more then double the storage over incredible 1 with a 16gb sd card...........if i was reading correctly the dinc1 had 8 internal and a 2sd for 10 total. I would hope the dinc2 has at least 4gb internal and 16gb sd card for 20 total.

I wish somebody in the KNOW would confirm the actual specs.....

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just curious - if we get a 16GB microSD card, why should we care how much internal storage there is? I don't know about you, but I plan on using the internal storage just for apps, so it's plenty for me.

Or does everyone just want more storage period, internal or microSD?

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This will be my 1st android phone so i want the storage because i have no idea how much room apps take up. I do know that i am out of internal storage on my blackberry storm and i have very very few apps. I dont want to run into that problem again.

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It would be pretty difficult to install 1GB worth of apps, even if they were all games. And even if you did, you can still install them on the SD card.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to keep in mind the storage space BGR mentioned is partitioned for the ROM and then app storage, email, contacts etc. So you will only see about 1.1GB of space. I find it lacking and the way they advertise it (or lack there of) misleading.

The ThunderBolt was advertised as having 8GB of storage, sure, after the ROM, and other crap that Verizon had HTC do you ended up with 2.38GB of available space. NAND flash is not that expensive and I had the DInc 1 and you only had 768MB of available space so storage is NOT an upgrade from DInc 1 to DInc 2.

I know I can put apps on the SD card, but you still need space for parts of those apps and why should you be limited.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
are the phonearena specs to be believed?

Built in: 16384 MB :eek:

Call me ******ed, but doesn't that translate roughly to 16GB built in? I'm interested to see how this phone stacks up. I live in an LTE area, but I'm not completely sold on it. But with a two-year agreement, I concerned that the lack of LTE and Dual Core will date the device....

Bryan

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You get a 16GB microSD card installed, internal is only about 1.0-1.1GB, and yes I know you can put most of the apps on the memory card, but NAND flash is cheap enough that they could put 2GB or more in there. Hell Moto put more than enough in the DX, and they better not skimp on the DX2 either.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You get a 16GB microSD card installed, internal is only about 1.0-1.1GB, and yes I know you can put most of the apps on the memory card, but NAND flash is cheap enough that they could put 2GB or more in there. Hell Moto put more than enough in the DX, and they better not skimp on the DX2 either.

It has 4, 3 of which isn't user accessible.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I recd the device yesterday and it is only 1GB of internal memory. Yeah the 16GB is nice but I utilize 4 different memory cards for work ...so with the Incredible#1 I relied on the internal memory for my music so I wouldnt have music on every single SD card.

Pretty dissapointed and returning it during my lunch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am disappointed as well. I wont be upgrading to this phone. I have the original and love it. Style wise it is superior and has more internal space as well. The new Incredible is global but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. Have you also noticed retail price is 439. The original was 569.00.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am disappointed as well. I wont be upgrading to this phone. I have the original and love it. Style wise it is superior and has more internal space as well. The new Incredible is global but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. Have you also noticed retail price is 439. The original was 569.00.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

doesn't hold a candle?? hmm.. bigger stock battery, more efficient second gen. snapdragon, more RAM, global phone..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay