voice and Data

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
since its verizon 3g, that's a no.

That's not necessarily the case. It depends on the radio. My understanding is that the Thunderbolt has SVDO (versus just EVDO) and can do voice and data over 3G. Since the insides of the DInc2 and Thunderbolt are very similar (minus the 4G radio), it's plausible that the DInc2 may also have SVDO. But, I have not seen whether it does or not.

dvntsvnt#AC

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
this is interesting, has there been any spec sheets that state the DInc2 is coming with the required chip to take advantage of Verizon's turning on of the SVDO?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
this is interesting, has there been any spec sheets that state the DInc2 is coming with the required chip to take advantage of Verizon's turning on of the SVDO?

I haven't seen anything to show one way or the other yet. My hope is that with all of the similarities to the Thunderbolt in terms of hardware, maybe the DInc2 gets SVDO as well. It's also not something that Verizon is broadcasting either.

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Do we know if any Incredible S users in Europe can do data and voice at the same time? That will let you know if it can when it's in 'Global' mode.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Do we know if any Incredible S users in Europe can do data and voice at the same time? That will let you know if it can when it's in 'Global' mode.

That was the purpose of my earlier comment, because it can when you are not on a CDMA network....

Unless, as stated already, they are using the SVDO radio

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

A couple of issues going on there. The Incredible S is probably using GSM in Europe. And when in the US, the Incredible 2 be using CDMA unless you get it unlocked through Verizon. In that case, you could use GSM, but I'm not sure how that'll work with AT&T. I think a whole 'nother set of issues come up in that case.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't do this on Verizon. CDMA. The SIM card on the incredible2 is for out of the country use only. Also needs to br activated by Verizon before using this global feature.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
They will also give you a code to unlock your device if you have been with them for more than three months and your account is in good standing. As far as svdo don't know but im going to give it a shot tomorrow

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
They will also give you a code to unlock your device if you have been with them for more than three months and your account is in good standing. As far as svdo don't know but im going to give it a shot tomorrow

Please post your results after you test.