Unlocking the SIM card

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've unlocked three phones with Verizon: Storm 1, Storm 2, and Droid 2 Global. You don't have to give them a reason. I didn't. I e-mailed Global Services and the rep called me back the next day. They explain that you have to read Verizon's disclosure statement and waiver. It basically says that Verizon isn't responsible for the performance of the phone while using another carrier's SIM card. The rep e-mailed me the unlocking code and instructions. Voila. The phone is unlocked.

I have a global sim card from GeoSim. I like it because it is dual NAM and has both a UK and USA phone number. The USA service roams on AT&T and T-Mobile. It works in my BlackBerry, but the Droid 2 will not connect to AT&T or T-Mobile. I would also to like to find out if this is the case with the Incredible 2.

cellfonepimp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried this on a TM US sim and its not picking up a signal, I working on getting an AT&T sim to try that.

Edit: I got it to work! In the settings/call section you have to choose GSM/UMTS as the preffered network and TMobile kicked in!!!

Edit2: For data goto settings/wireless/mobile networks/GSM/UMTS Options/Access Point Names hit menu and add APN then edit the settings for Simple Mobile this is what worked:

name:simple
APN: simple
proxy: 216.155.165.50
port: 8080
username: not set
password: not set
server: not set
mmsc: http//mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
mms proxy: 216.155.165.50
mms port: 8080
mms protocol: WAP 2.0
mcc: 310
mnc: 260
authentication type: none
APN: default,supl,mms

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just unlocked my DI2 today. Plugged in my Geosim global roaming card. And my entire phone took a dump. I couldn't even connect to the standard CDMA network in Global mode. When I unlocked my D2G, I couldn't connect to AT&T or T-Mo, but the phone worked. Not sure what's up here.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking HTC Incredible 2 Phone/SIM Card

Hi, everyone. I called Verizon's Global Support earlier tonight (around 5:30pm est) and the customer support agent told me that they were not supposed to unlock phones. First, I asked about unlocking my phone (Incredible 2) and he said that they didn't know how to do that. Then I was told that it didn't have a SIM card, although I was holding it in my hand. "It's taboo around here," he said, after I convinced him that it's a global phone and it does have a SIM card. I confirmed the fact that they just didn't want customers jumping ship to other carriers with their phones.

Anyway, the agent told me that Verizon has an agreement with manufacturers (HTC in this case) that states that it will break their policy if they unlock any phones/SIM cards. :confused: Now this is the FIRST time I've ever heard of this, which makes me think that the agent is lying. I also qualify for the unlock according to the 'normal' agents, so this is confusing. I plan on calling back to speak with a different agent to see if their stories match, but until I do that, does anyone know how to unlock this phone and/or SIM card?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi, everyone. I called Verizon's Global Support earlier tonight (around 5:30pm est) and the customer support agent told me that they were not supposed to unlock phones. First, I asked about unlocking my phone (Incredible 2) and he said that they didn't know how to do that. Then I was told that it didn't have a SIM card, although I was holding it in my hand. "It's taboo around here," he said, after I convinced him that it's a global phone and it does have a SIM card. I confirmed the fact that they just didn't want customers jumping ship to other carriers with their phones.

Anyway, the agent told me that Verizon has an agreement with manufacturers (HTC in this case) that states that it will break their policy if they unlock any phones/SIM cards. :confused: Now this is the FIRST time I've ever heard of this, which makes me think that the agent is lying. I also qualify for the unlock according to the 'normal' agents, so this is confusing. I plan on calling back to speak with a different agent to see if their stories match, but until I do that, does anyone know how to unlock this phone and/or SIM card?

Tell the first rep that you want to talk to Global Support. The first tier reps have no power when it comes to global customers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, TBolt. The first Verizon Rep gave me the number to Global Support. The rep from Global Support told me that they're not supposed to unlock the phones, which I didn't believe for one second. Any ideas?

Tell the first rep that you want to talk to Global Support. The first tier reps have no power when it comes to global customers.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi, TBolt. The first Verizon Rep gave me the number to Global Support. The rep from Global Support told me that they're not supposed to unlock the phones, which I didn't believe for one second. Any ideas?

Talk to another rep. Then, ask for a supervisor.

I'll be pissed off if Verizon changed their policy about unlocking phones. I'd argue that all the way up to corporate. Then, I'd tell them to buy their damn phone & contract back.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
@TBolt - Thanks, I'll try that again, either tonight and tomorrow. I'll try to post my results here. I'm sure there are others who need the same service done. I hear great things about Straight Talk (reason for the unlock), I just hope it all works out.

EDIT: The third person I spoke with gave me the unlock code with zero hassle. Now what do I do to get Straight Talk (AT&T) SIM card to work on it?

Talk to another rep. Then, ask for a supervisor.

I'll be pissed off if Verizon changed their policy about unlocking phones. I'd argue that all the way up to corporate. Then, I'd tell them to buy their damn phone & contract back.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure at&t got sued for it, but i do believe the fcc has regulations against it. Tell them your going to make a formal complaint with the fcc. You will get the oh sh%$ in the voice lmfao

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
@cyanogen-man - Good point. I wouldv'e done that if the third person didn't assist me. It's sad that it took this many tries, but at least it worked.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't help with the new service you're trying to use. No experience. Sorry. Glad you're unlocked, tho.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
@Brandon Clark1 - I just kept asking for the unlock code because I'll be jumping to Straight Talk. It took three tries, but it worked in the end. Now I have unlimited everything with ST. Only issue that my Incredible 2 uses AT&T's older Edge network, which is pre-3G, but at least it works.

watexactly did u have tell them u wer unlocking the fone for i also need the sim lock code?

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
All these services have to give you your unlock code, it's your right as a customer. Do not, I repeat, do NOT pay any service for an unlock code when you can get it for free from your service provider. The customer service agents are instructed to give you a hard time in the hopes that you'll give up and just upgrade your phone or pay a buy-out fee to get out of your contract. Keep calling back. Don't give up. You will get that code. It took me three times. It might take you five times, or ten times, or maybe just once. Get that code (for FREE), do not ever pay anyone for it -- EVER -- go unlock your phone and do as you will. It worked for me, it will work for you.

p.s. Ignore anyone trying to tell you to go somewhere so that you'll have pay for it. They may be trolling the forums for business.

What mobile phone you need to unlock? If it a GSM carrier you wanna unlock then you can purchase sim lock code from any commercial vendors online like Wickedunlock.com