Incred 2 problems

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just had this problem (the country code issue) with my phone. I think it only happens to phones activated in Louisville, as I had my phone activated once in central Indiana and it worked just fine around Louisville. I had a different issue, and so I factory re-set the phone and then re-activated in Louisville, and the problem came. I ended up stopping into the HH Gregg store on Preston HWY and they fixed it really quickly. Not sure what they did though, but to anyone in the area, go there and they can fix it!

prince_totoro

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Computer not recognizing micro SD Card through cable

Hello - an incredible 2 problem....

My Incredible 2 is awesome...if I pop out the micro SD card and put it directly in my computer, I see all the photos I took. But if I connect the USB cable between my phone and the computer, the computer finds the 2 gigabyte (?) onboard memory, and it also sees the 16 gigabyte micro SD card, but this 16 gig micro SD card cannot be read nor opened. This is odd since I can read it perfectly if I pop out the card and put it directly in my computer's slot designated for such type of cards. Am I doing something bone-headed? I tried this on both a windows xp machine with and without HTC syncing software and got the same problem. Any thoughts?

topher

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
^ When you connect the phone via USB there should be a menu that pops up on the phone, it says "Mount as Hard Drive" or something similar. Select that option. Also, my incredible 2 was a little off when it came to connecting to my computer. I had to uninstall the vCast program on my computer and then set another verizon program or driver to not open when the phone was connected. I also did a few soft resets of the phone. One of those three things allowed me to mount the SD card via connecting the phone via USB.

Hope this helps.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Never had the original so I can't compare it. But I will say it's great I've had one random reboot and it happened today other than that it's been problem free

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
How is the incredible 2? about the same as the original???

From the research I did with the DINC2, HTC wanted to make sure it lived up to its predecessor. A lot of R&D went into the phone to make sure it was a sleek looking and durable. Both my wife and I left iPhones on AT&T for this device and couldn't be any happier. An occasional bug will popup but that is expected and should be easily fixed with an OTA patch.

I will add to this that I did originally have the Thunderbolt. The phone was a little too big for my taste so I traded it in for the DINC2.

rdeluis

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone who obtained the Incredible 2 having trouble updating the Market? I have reset my phone once already and its still the old Market interface. Checked troubleshooting on the Android Market site and it suggests to go into the Market, then hit HOME and it will update itself, but has not yet.

Also, I cannot locate PDANET in Market...not sure if its related to me being unable to update.

Thanks!
Go to Settings - Applications - click on Market then click on remove data and click on force stop. Now go to your drawer menu and launch Market. It should update to the new version automatically.
It worked for me. Hope it helps

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm like others that the dialing issue goes away when I leave my home area. I am traveling and the issue is not present. I hope they fix this plus the gps lag soon.

jpawson01

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having this problem as well, and I am in Raleigh, NC. So switching out the phone is not the solution? I am on day 2 with this phone and I can't dial my voicemail. If I dial *86 from the phone, it dials 00151XXXXXXXXX. Really sucks. I tried rebooting it twice today and nothing works. I have tried everything with the settings.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I feel for you guys. Seriously, I can't believe Verizon Wireless and HTC have let this problem go on for so long.

electrik noize

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have/had the 00151 problem as well. I read on another forum about a workaround.

Go to Settings -> Call -> Assisted dialing and change the default "National Number Length" to 7 instead of the default 10

My Dinc2 is set to CDMA mode. I can now call people in my Contact list without it adding 00151.

hope this helps. btw none of the numbers in my contact list include a 1 at the beginning e.g. 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx it's xxx-xxx-xxxx. the one at the beginning seems to throw my phone off.

ttmorris

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Electrik Noize! That worked for me.

I am in Kentucky (central) for all of you in Kentucky having problems with the contact phone numbers.

electrik noize

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Electrik Noize! That worked for me.

I am in Kentucky (central) for all of you in Kentucky having problems with the contact phone numbers.

yeah I'm in central Kentucky too. I bought my dinc2 in Chicago on vacation and didn't notice the problem until I got home. Glad I was able to help. This is my first smartphone and so far I love it.

Ms. Lucie

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Troubles Too

I went to Costcos yesterday to get a great deal on the new Dinc2 ($99 for phone, plus indoor charger, car charger, headphone, and vinyl case). I was so excited.. . . . . until 12 phones later, they COULD NOT activate any of them and they had to refund my money and send me away! The phone just would not activate. This is a Verizon kiosk inside Costco and these people are Verizon employees. Man, was I bummed. They told me they'd call me when a new shipment came in. I sure hope this is not a bad sign for the Dinc2!! So far, it seems it is not living up to its name!

Ms. Lucie

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
They seemed to think it was a bad batch. They got on the phone with the Verizon tech and checked to see if a tower was down, which I knew it wasn't because I had my LG Ally on and working fine when I went in to buy the dinc2. I think it was a bad batch too. Bummer!

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have/had the 00151 problem as well. I read on another forum about a workaround.

Go to Settings -> Call -> Assisted dialing and change the default "National Number Length" to 7 instead of the default 10

My Dinc2 is set to CDMA mode. I can now call people in my Contact list without it adding 00151.

hope this helps. btw none of the numbers in my contact list include a 1 at the beginning e.g. 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx it's xxx-xxx-xxxx. the one at the beginning seems to throw my phone off.

Thank you so much! This worked on my phone, and I am now happy.

ttmorris

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Workaround is great, but not the solution

Just wanted to clarify that changing the number length to 7 is just a workaround until hopefully a patch is released. You still can't dial the Verizon shortcut numbers or your voicemail. To call your voicemail dial your phone number instead of the #86 and it will get you in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek