Signal Strength Issues

mclaughh#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Blackberry Tour and always used to get at least 4/5 bars but with this phone I have a hard time getting more than 2 and it drops to 1 or none quite frequently. Is anyone else having this issue? Everything else about this phone has been great!

Ronster

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Throughout today I've noticed that my signal bar is showing no signal. But when I go into phone info I am showing a decent signal strength. I've re-booted via battery pull and still show no signal bars while phone info shows -87 dBm -- not great but still a decent signal. Is this an Inc2 bug?? Don't know if it's enough to switch phone out for replacement. Suggestions??!

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having no problems with signal strength. Currently inside the house getting 3 bars, which is actually better than my previous phones. When driving around today, I was at a steady 3-4.

Yukstin

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got solid signal strength but the phone keeps switching from 3g to 1x for no reason, is this normal? I've come from a bb tour.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the original incredible. Mine does it as well. It is locating the best signal. I never have a signal problem

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
To the people who are wondering about the 3g to 1x thing, that's normal, but only when sending a text message. It will go to 1x as soon as you send/receive a text message and about 5 seconds later it will switch back to 3g.

Reactions: swenpro

jkmasi

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had two dropped calls yesterday in places with marginal signal where my Droid X always holds on to the signal. Now I'm remembering some of my frustrations with the original Inc. Radio just not as strong as Motorola. I use my phone a lot in areas with weak signal and HTC phones just don't do as well. Love the phone otherwise though.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Had two dropped calls yesterday in places with marginal signal where my Droid X always holds on to the signal. Now I'm remembering some of my frustrations with the original Inc. Radio just not as strong as Motorola. I use my phone a lot in areas with weak signal and HTC phones just don't do as well. Love the phone otherwise though.

THIS is my BIG concern about this Incredible 2 phone.

Almost every other aspect of the phone seems wonderful, but is signal strength really bad enough to not buy this phone??

Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Greg

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
THIS is my BIG concern about this Incredible 2 phone.

Almost every other aspect of the phone seems wonderful, but is signal strength really bad enough to not buy this phone??

Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Don't go by the number of bars showing. I have no trouble making and receiving calls with 1 or 0 bars and I live on the south shore of Long Island where signal strength is weak to medium. If I travel to Manhattan my phone will always read 3 or 4 bars. The actual signal strength has no relation to the number of bars on any phone from any manufacturer.

This is a great phone

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ramdom Reboot....

I figured I'd weigh in with a story here. Today, I had a random reboot. When my phone came back on, it called for me to update a number of my apps. How this relates is my phone was only in 1X! My buddy had his Thunderbolt, and I have my Bold (work phone), and both were pulling strong 3G signals. 3G came back after an hour or so, but what gives?

Bryan

Padawan

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Today at work I had my phone switching between 1x and 3G for most of the day. Maybe VZW is having problems or working on stuff which is effecting the 3G signal? I do not know how those things work but odd coincidence that I dont seem to be the only one.

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My signal indicator is wacky, but strength is consistent. I have no problems with data, texts or calls. The indicator appears flawed. My opinion is only based on my unit. Coming from at&t, the bars mean nothing to me.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No service at home

I just activated my Inc2. I was using a BB Storm2 and D2G before. I had a weak signal with those phones about -90 to -100db. The Inc2 is showing -125db. I can't text or make phone calls unless I walk up the street a ways. I'm going to see if I get a signal at work which is usually weak as well. I can't make or receive any calls which is a problem. I tried calling myself and it went straight to voice mail. I'd hate to return this phone, but if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith