Battery life thread

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, right. Well let me update the whole thing now.

14h 15m since unplugged with the battery currently at 41% (I've been playing games, which is why it's gone down 14% in 2 hours.)

My display has been on for 2h 47m of the total 14h 15m and accounts for 65% of the battery usage so far. (By the way, I keep my screen brightness at 30% most of the time.)

I did some basic math and calculated that the battery would hit 0% in 10 hours if I continued using it as I have throughout the day.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Got my dinc2 today charged it to full then went to work 12 hours later I have 46% battery with screen on time of 2 hours lite music browsing etc. My phone is mostly in airplanemode due to having a week signal at work . For comparisons sake my fascinate would be at 30% now and d2almost dead

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok this seems odd to me. I pulled my phone off the charger around 11 am and its now been 14 hrs unplugged and have 44 % left. Thats all good and everything but my phone sat in airplane mode for 8 hrs while I was at work basically not pulling in any data. And under battery use Display says 79%. Isnt this a little high for a phone in airplane mode sitting in my pocket? Thought?

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with the phone. I took it off the charger at 6:30, and the phone died around 5:15 that afternoon. After hearing all these reports of wonderful battery life, I was a bit disappointed. Still, it's better than my OG Droid. The thing is, yesterday was a pretty light day of use, I thought. I sent a few texts, took exactly one picture, and played Angry Birds. The kicker is, I work in the basement of a 100-year-old building, so the phone is constantly searching for a signal yet rarely pulling one. I have the screen brightness on the lowest setting, but it was still the biggest power robber. I'll keep monitoring.

Bryan

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes I say give it a weeks worth of charges to see what its capable of. As far as the screen beeing the biggest drain during airplane mode that's normal it should show a very high number because nothing else is really using that much power

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
sounds good sounds good. i hope to see some of the battery life everyone else seems to be raving about. i'm loving everything else about it at the moment.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with the phone. I took it off the charger at 6:30, and the phone died around 5:15 that afternoon. After hearing all these reports of wonderful battery life, I was a bit disappointed. Still, it's better than my OG Droid. The thing is, yesterday was a pretty light day of use, I thought. I sent a few texts, took exactly one picture, and played Angry Birds. The kicker is, I work in the basement of a 100-year-old building, so the phone is constantly searching for a signal yet rarely pulling one. I have the screen brightness on the lowest setting, but it was still the biggest power robber. I'll keep monitoring.

Bryan

You answered your own question on why the battery was drained. I mentioned a few posts back I have the same issue at work so I base my battery life test when I'm home and have a signal. Wait until the weekend when you're not in the office, you'll see far better battery life.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
soo.. i've read posts saying the need for bump charging is gone on this phone, but i'm starting to doubt that. both times i've taken off my phone from charger after hours (5+) of charging from about 40%, within 30 minutes i drop about 6-7% doing absolutely nothing on the phone. it has display off and is just sitting there literally in my room while i get ready for school or work. pick up my phone and i'm already at 93%. anyone else seeing this? i know my phone is only a few days old, but regardless, i don't think that should be the reason for this right?

btw i have gps, bt, and wifi all turned off and good (3-4 bars) signal.

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
soo.. i've read posts saying the need for bump charging is gone on this phone, but i'm starting to doubt that. both times i've taken off my phone from charger after hours (5+) of charging from about 40%, within 30 minutes i drop about 6-7% doing absolutely nothing on the phone. it has display off and is just sitting there literally in my room while i get ready for school or work. pick up my phone and i'm already at 93%. anyone else seeing this? i know my phone is only a few days old, but regardless, i don't think that should be the reason for this right?

btw i have gps, bt, and wifi all turned off and good (3-4 bars) signal.

Having the same issue. I think we'll still have to bump charge. It's 'incredibly bad' that HTC hasn't fixed this yet. Unbelievable really.

And unfortunately I work in a friggin basement too. Constantly searching for a signal - I've resorted to turning off mobile data/sync when I'm here at work. At least I can text I guess!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue. I think we'll still have to bump charge. It's 'incredibly bad' that HTC hasn't fixed this yet. Unbelievable really.

And unfortunately I work in a friggin basement too. Constantly searching for a signal - I've resorted to turning off mobile data/sync when I'm here at work. At least I can text I guess!

ok first off, wow bad pun.

second i don't have the same problem that i had with the DINC1. when i take it off the charger it doesn't drop 10% in as many minutes. Its a fairly even drain rate assuming i'm not using it

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you guys know how it compares to a Motorola Original DROID? I am swapping from a Droid to the Inc2. Just curious.

Has anyone tested the Google navigation while charging in a car to see if it keeps up or charges?

I was curious about that too because the TB barely increased while on GPS and on a 45 minute drive. My first day on the Incredible 2 (after all my setup and apps were installed) on a 20-25 minute drive it charged 22% with GPS on.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Ive tried to bump charge as well, but when I turned my phone off (while plugged in and charged to 100%) the light stays green...I recall it turning orange on the first Incredible. Either way, the battery is much better so I havent needed to do it yet. Being on Eris, then the Droid, then the Droid#2, then the Incredible#1, then the TB and now this device, this is by far the best battery life I experienced.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok something weird here. I just started using the 2150 extended battery today and was taking some pics for the thread I started on it. When I pulled battery out to take a pic I had 27% left and when I re installed the battery I am at 32%. Did the phone just recalculated what battery it had left or is something goofy with the phone?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think people realize this is normal for any phone after you "break in" the battery.

Also people saying they get bad battery life and need to bump charge while in the thought stating they work in dead zones.

No matter what phone you have your phone will get crushed when in dead zones.