HTC Eris
HTC Droid Incredible
Droid 2
Droid X
Samsung Fascinate
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X
Droid Inc 2

I also just got my wife off of BB and she is sporting and loving her D2 Global.

I only paid 339 for the X brand new after selling the TB for 400. I have moved through a lot of phones but probably only spent 100 dollars of my own money after I signed up for my contract on the Storm 2. .

I returned the X today and picked up the DInc 2 and will sell it and use my new every 2 when the Bionic comes out. I did not have my receipt when I returned the X and the price was now 399??? So it was only a difference of 40 dollars plus the 35 stocking feeThe Incredible 2 is basically the Incredible S and it already has GingerBread so hopefully it will land here pretty soon.

So far I am happy with the DInc 2. I absolutely love the feel in the hand, weight and size are perfect.

I was able to play with the Samsung Charge today.....UGHHHHHH Touch Wiz.... It was very light and screen was gorgeous but I do not think I want to gt another Samsung after the experience of the Fascinate lack of Froyo update.

If the Bionic changes dramatically and is no longer what I am looking for I feel the DInc 2 will be my everyday phone until a dual core phone comes out that wows me.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really hate seeing these posts saying how great this phone is lol. I want it but I don't know if I want to waste my upgrade on it. I really want the Galaxy S2 but who knows if/when that is coming to Verizon. I love my Incredible and the Inc 2 looks amazing but I don't know if it's amazing enough to be stuck with it for 2 more years.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't afford that, and if I could my phone is through work so I can't purchase the phone myself (unless it is outright which I can't afford). So I have an upgrade I can use and pay the $200 out of my own pocket but I have to go through the person that handles our Verizon account.

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Then buy it off contract!

Agree. I just bought it off contract. I'll use my upgrade when something comes out that wows me. Everything that came in the box for the Inc2 is still in the originally packaging, minus the phone of course, should be able to sell this thing for a good price assuming I take good care of it.

Buy at Verizon - much cheaper than Best Buy.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Agree. I just bought it off contract. I'll use my upgrade when something comes out that wows me. Everything that came in the box for the Inc2 is still in the originally packaging, minus the phone of course, should be able to sell this thing for a good price assuming I take good care of it.

Buy at Verizon - much cheaper than Best Buy.

Best Buy does price matching.

Got mine at best buy for $439.99 (price match) - $150 gift card = Around $330 after taxes!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
its $460 including tax where i am. which isn't bad for a high end droid. i think its worth it. especially since the DINC1 is still selling for $200+ on ebay

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I am sitting on my deck jamming to some music on Pandora after having the phone off the charger for over 12 hours and heavy usage.

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My dad was up for an upgrade, and was looking to slip into smartphones. (he was coming from a Motorola W385 flip.) We went to the local store and while I gave him a run down on what was good/bad as far as phones, the store clerk mentioned the DI2. As an owner of the DI since September (and had forgotten about DI2's release, oops.) I began gushing about how excited I was for the DI2, and how great the original is.

Dad is now Team Android and sporting a DI2. I am so JEALOUS. I want that front facing camera for Skype. RAAAAAAAH. Unfortunately I can't upgrade til my birthday next year...

It is a very user-friendly phone and so far Dad is doing well with it. Bit by bit he is learning something new every day. :)

madroix

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the OG DINC and went with a Thunderbolt. Why get a new phone without the 4g radio? Do you all not live in a 4G area? From what I have seen it is a sweet device but without 4G it is basically the old INC with a front camera.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the OG DINC and went with a Thunderbolt. Why get a new phone without the 4g radio? Do you all not live in a 4G area? From what I have seen it is a sweet device but without 4G it is basically the old INC with a front camera.

:confused:

New processor, new GPU, more ram, new camera sensor, 4" SLCD screen, way better battery life

Your phone is the Verizon evo. How does that feel?

junknstuff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i never thought it was logical to compare the Inc2 to the Thunderbolt. in so many ways, the TB is a much different beast. the Inc2 also wasn't released to compete with the TB - it was released as a mid-ranged device, whereas the TB is the "flagship" device for Vzw.

hands down, the TB is great for 4G and the larger screen, but for those of us who got a reasonable/great upgrade price to the Inc2, there's no denying that it's a superb phone!

imho, if i wasn't eligible for an early upgrade discount, i definitely wouldn't have gotten the Inc2. but since i came from an old lg vx9900, the $150 price for the Inc2 made me ecstatic to upgrade :)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It's an interesting thought... I can probably sell my DX and accessories for about $200, then factor in ~$100 in Best Buy rewards points and gift cards and I've got myself a pretty inexpensive off-contract upgrade. Hmmmmmm.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I have been in 11 countries in the past year....and this phone can go with me into all of those and work 100%....can yours?

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I own an original DInc, purchased days after its original release last year (yay AMOLED!). I am completely happy with it am not at all interested in getting a new phone. This has nothing to do with being unable to get a newer phone; I could if I wanted to but what would a new phone offer me that my DInc doesn't? Nothing significant.

I'm holding out for a 3.7 to 4 inch qHD SAMOLED+ screen (no monstrous 4.3 for me, thank you very much) and LTE 4G that I can actually use. If it never comes out (the Atrix 4G isn't LTE), that's OK. I'll just keep rocking my original DInc as long as possible.

Be grateful for what you DO have, not resentful of what you DON'T have.