Screen protectors?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Opinions? I'm not sure if I want to put one on or not. I usually do on screens that don't have gorilla glass, but I'm not sure if the dinc2 has gorilla glass or not.

Any ideas?

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate screen protectors. They take away (a) the feel of the nice glass screen and (b) some of the beauty of the display. And they can worsen viewing angles. But that's just me. :p

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors. They take away (a) the feel of the nice glass screen and (b) some of the beauty of the display. And they can worsen viewing angles. But that's just me. :p

No scratches on your phones with gorilla glass? Just got this phone and was thinking of going without protection for the first time. I get paranoid about scratches

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ghost Armor is a great screen protector. I have had them on all my devices. Doesn't ruin the look of the screen at all

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No scratches on your phones with gorilla glass? Just got this phone and was thinking of going without protection for the first time. I get paranoid about scratches

None so far. I had a Droid previously and I went almost a full year without a screen protector and it still does not have any scratches on the screen. That's not a testament to the Droid's glass though, really. I'm just super careful with my phones. I would expect the Incredible 2's glass to be more durable, but really it just matters how careful you are. I also don't ever use cases because I think they ruin both the aesthetics and the overall size of the phone.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
None so far. I had a Droid previously and I went almost a full year without a screen protector and it still does not have any scratches on the screen. That's not a testament to the Droid's glass though, really. I'm just super careful with my phones. I would expect the Incredible 2's glass to be more durable, but really it just matters how careful you are. I also don't ever use cases because I think they ruin both the aesthetics and the overall size of the phone.

Yea I dont use cases either. I'm pretty careful myself so I think I'll give it a try without a screen protector. This is a little cheaper phone so I feel a little more comfortable trying it out on this one.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just put one on out of habit, and now I am wondering weather or not I need to worry. I have never had a g glass display either.

D

PS If I have an incredible s am I allowed to post here? They are the same right, mines just in Canada?

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just put one on out of habit, and now I am wondering weather or not I need to worry. I have never had a g glass display either.

D

PS If I have an incredible s am I allowed to post here? They are the same right, mines just in Canada?

Don't think anyone's going to stop you. :p

But yes, they're the exact same thing.

CharlotteJacket

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love not having a screen protector on my Galaxy Tab, which is GG confirmed. I'm not planning to put a protector on my new Inc2, now that I know it has it, too. I take pretty good care of my stuff, too, but I'd put screen protectors on everything I'd had before the Tab.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had a DroidX in my pocket since last September - no screen protector and no scratches. I even had it at the beach for a week and wiped off sand and salt and never scratched it. Screen protectors degrade the feel and screen quality so much that you are better off with a few scratches. They are a huge waste of money with the new glass, not to mention ruining the look and feel of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance