Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions here

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
In this thread let's consolidate all known Droid Incredible 2 problems that more than one person seems to be having. If you happen to have the solution, of course include that too. Here are some I've collected:

1. The speakerphone is pretty quiet. I've seen a number of people mention this and confirmed it in the store yesterday.

2. One reviewer (a guy at Phandroid.com I think) said he's seen better photo/video performance. Not really a bug, just something for people to check out and possibly consider.

3. In the phone app, previously called contacts do not populate. When the user tries to use the "smart dial" (# pad to find contacts) nothing comes up. User can get them to show up by tapping a single number then hitting the on-screen back button.

Other repeated problems?

Last edited:

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There's a problem that several people seem to be having (myself included) with various mapping apps getting confused about north vs. south.

It happens on my Inc 2 with Sky Map, Google Maps, and VZ Navigator.

Oddly, the Compass app I downloaded works fine. I did try recalibrating the compass but that didn't help anything.

I called VZW about this last week; they called me back a day later and confirmed it was a problem on all Inc 2's. They said they would inform HTC who would presumably issue a software fix.

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Get more HTC Widgets does not work.

That is, if you go to add a widget to a home page, select HTC widgets and then Get more HTC Widgets you get nothing. Support at VZW tried it while I was on the phone and had the same result.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
In certain dialing areas the phone adds 00151 to the front of all numbers dialed from selecting contacts. Dialing manually gets around it, but Verizon has not fixed the issue. Apparently it is contained to certain areas.

Love this phone and have none of the other problems beyond the dialing. I will wait for an update.

One thing people never mention in reviews is the form factor. This phone is so light and easy to pocket. I love it just for that alone.

Scrat HTC

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Temporary Fix for Unable to Dial COntact numbers "00151 added"

Hey there guys, I'm not usually a forum poster, but I have the Incredible2 along with a problem dial any number saved as a contact. It was/is infuriating that the phone can't be used for its primary purpose, and I was just about to return it and give up when I found a temporary solution that I thought needed to be shared. Both Verizon and HTC have confirmed that the Contacts issue is real and the phone was pulled from my local stores. I do however, love everything else about the phone and hope HTC fixes this quick.

ANyway, my temporary/permanent fix was to dowload Google voice and set it up on my phone. It's a great program that allows you to use google for voicemail and additionally make calls to anywhere in the US, Canada, or Mexico absolutely free using only data and a Google telephone number that you can select and change. It's kinda hard to explain but a little like Skype just better integrated.
In the settings for Google voice, I selected (ask wherether ot not to use Google voice for every call" and this allows me a one click work around because all my contacts are now dialed correctly with or without dialing with google voice. The extra digits for some reason are not added when dialing any of my contacts.
I really can't believe HTC let s problem like this slip through the cracks but it's a great piece of hardware and I'm glad I have this temporary workaround.
Hope this helps others who were experiencing the same situation.

Good luck

Reactions: j-man#AC

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice find, Scrat HTC.

Here's a problem I just had, that doesn't sound unique to the Incredible 2 based on a conversation with a friend who had the problem between a MyTouch 3g and a G2, but here it is anyway.

When I switched from a Thunderbolt and was setting up the Dinc2, the Dinc2 downloaded only a partial set of the apps that had been on the Thunderbolt. I'm not sure why, but it left out dozens. At some point after I downloaded something manually through the phone, the phone appeared in my list of devices in the Market on the website through my computer. It wasn't instant. It seemed to take a while. And once that happened, I was able to go into My Library and go to the apps missing from my Dinc2 and click on install and be offered the Dinc2 as the target destination. The My Library list was alphabetical and ended in the middle of S for some reason, so I couldn't see any apps in the rest of the alphabet. So I went to the Orders area of the Market's settings area and could see a chronological list of what I had previously downloaded/installed. I just hunted through that to find anything that started with S-Z and redownloaded. Now I've hidden my Thunderbolt so that it won't appear in any dropdowns asking me which device I want to install to.

Last edited:

chefdmo

May 15, 2011
Visit site
@ Tack: Same thing happened with my husband's D2 Incredible phone. Just got off the phone with Verizon and here is what they told us to do and it fixed it:

Go to>Home Screen>Menu>Settings>Call>Assisted Dialing>Menu>Edit>Change National Number Length from 10 to 9 and hit OK and Done.

We live in Versailles so I think it is a Kentucky thing! Good luck and hope this works for you! The Verizon guy said that HTC is working on a network patch that they will shoot out when complete. Goodness only knows when that will be!

Oh yeah - make sure you do not put + or 1 before the phone number when entering into your contacts.

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If the screen is off and you turn it on but don't unlock it, it will never time out, mine will stay on forever. For this reason, I often pull it out of my pocket and the screen is already on. Anyone else have this problem?

tink2520

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in Kentuckiana as well and even after switching to 9 in call settings it still will not work outside of my city. Even direct dialing the number does not work. Other than that this phone is great!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Get more HTC Widgets does not work.

That is, if you go to add a widget to a home page, select HTC widgets and then Get more HTC Widgets you get nothing. Support at VZW tried it while I was on the phone and had the same result.

I think I remember from a review of this phone that the htc store is blocked on this phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

mrcmaher

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You are correct!

I think I remember from a review of this phone that the htc store is blocked on this phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Verizon has purposely blocked the ability to access more themes/screens and such from HTC. I don't know the reason behind it though.:confused:

MrMara

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
In this thread let's consolidate all known Droid Incredible 2 problems that more than one person seems to be having. If you happen to have the solution, of course include that too. Here are some I've collected:

1. The speakerphone is pretty quiet. I've seen a number of people mention this and confirmed it in the store yesterday.

2. One reviewer (a guy at Phandroid.com I think) said he's seen better photo/video performance. Not really a bug, just something for people to check out and possibly consider.

3. In the phone app, previously called contacts do not populate. When the user tries to use the "smart dial" (# pad to find contacts) nothing comes up. User can get them to show up by tapping a single number then hitting the on-screen back button.

Other repeated problems?

In regards to your third problem listed, I had the same thing after installing Launcher Pro. All you need to do is reconfigure the "Phone" link. Long press the "phone" button and then select "change shortcut". Select "applications" and then "phone" and that should do it. It worked for me and a few others. Hope it helps.

srvn13

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The audio volume on this phone is low on everything...bluetooth, speaker and headset compared to my Eris I had before this. I can hardly understand the other person on the phone with my bluetooth headset.

Phone freezes often. Happened 3 times in one week. No task killer installed. Had to pull battery out to restart.

HTC widget download doesn't work.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in Kentuckiana as well and even after switching to 9 in call settings it still will not work outside of my city. Even direct dialing the number does not work. Other than that this phone is great!

Change the numdigits to 7 rather than 9. That solved my issue!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with the screen going irattic and jiggling around uncontrolably. Even typing on its own as if it was possessed. Once I shut the screen off and back on, then unlock, it seems to go back to normal. It happens a lot when I'm texting and a lot when I zoom in and out of maps or scrolling.

Other than that, which could be an individual device problem, the only issue I really have is the low speaker problem. I have several OS issues but thats a software thing and not a phone thing.

Overall however, its a good upgrade coming from an aging blackberry. Still occasionally miss my BB, but this is still clearly a better upgrade

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If the screen is off and you turn it on but don't unlock it, it will never time out, mine will stay on forever. For this reason, I often pull it out of my pocket and the screen is already on. Anyone else have this problem?

i'm not sure if there was an update pushed out since this post. but my screen times out if i wake it up but dont unlock it.

jdmisoulis

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions h

two problems in the world clock.

the home location is america/detroit even though I'm in new york. that can be fixed by hitting menu and home settings.

the other problem i have is that the current location says New York but the time is ahead by 4 hrs, because of this some times my clock is 4 hrs ahead for a second or two after waking it up. so far changing settings does not help. a co-worker has the same phone and same problem...

monar

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions h

I cannot customize ringtone alerts for voicemail notifications. I can change ringtones for individual callers and notification in general, but the phone is using the same ringtone both for emails and voicemails. Does anybody have the same problem?