Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions here

BorderGirl

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions h

I was having a really big issue with dropped calls. I talked to a few technical support guys and they couldn't find any reason why this was happening. Luckily I was still within my 14 day return time and was able to get a replacement. This phone works fabulously.

However, I've noticed something new. If I call someone and then receive a call from someone else it will show the phone number and the town name of the person I had called but the name of the person that is calling me. It's been pretty confusing at times when I'm trying to figure out who is calling me.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I get far more dropped calls on Verizon than I ever did with AT&T. Plus the sound quality is extremely poor. I'm on my second phone and it's exactly like the first one in this department. Is it the phone or does Verizon lie about their network?

dnoyeb

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I get far more dropped calls on Verizon than I ever did with AT&T. Plus the sound quality is extremely poor. I'm on my second phone and it's exactly like the first one in this department. Is it the phone or does Verizon lie about their network?

Must be your area for the dropped calls...

however I will admit that the sound quality on this phone is subpar.

jhoover11

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a few days ago.. I ended up doing a hard reset and it's fine now. Not sure what the cause was though?

I talked with both HTC and Google and they were clueless about the issue. What I've found is when I uninstall a few apps, other apps, and in my current case, widgets, start misbehaving. The first time it was the market and HTC just told me they were working on something and it was normal.. bs. A factory reset fixed it. The second time was the phone widget. When I clicked it, it just stated 'phone' but didn't actually open it. I called again--factory reset. This time my clock and weather widget aren't working. I'll probably have to do another reset since I use the alarm clock exclusively. Lesson learned; don't uninstall a butt-load of apps at one time. I also believe it may be related to the Google account, but not sure.

fdsimms

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I talked with both HTC and Google and they were clueless about the issue. What I've found is when I uninstall a few apps, other apps, and in my current case, widgets, start misbehaving. The first time it was the market and HTC just told me they were working on something and it was normal.. bs. A factory reset fixed it. The second time was the phone widget. When I clicked it, it just stated 'phone' but didn't actually open it. I called again--factory reset. This time my clock and weather widget aren't working. I'll probably have to do another reset since I use the alarm clock exclusively. Lesson learned; don't uninstall a butt-load of apps at one time. I also believe it may be related to the Google account, but not sure.

I've experienced the phone widget and market issues twice each, although I can't confirm whether or not it was related to uninstalling apps. A factory reset fixes it, but obviously this is an annoying solution. I have noticed, also, that when uninstalling apps through the market, it sometimes doesn't uninstall the app I clicked on--a lot of the time, it goes straight to uninstalling AppBrain regardless of what I meant to uninstall. I don't know if this has already been observed. My sister has the same phone, and has had the same problems. It's such a nice phone other than that, which sucks.

Update: I've noticed that sometimes when I go to uninstall something, the "Total data," etc. numbers cycle through a bunch of different numbers before settling on a number that isn't actually how many kb are in the app. I would guess that going through with uninstalling the app/clearing the data of the app after this results in uninstalling or deleting other parts of the phone, i.e. the market or phone widget. I've been making sure that the "Total data" figures match up with how kb the app is supposed to have, and I haven't had any more problems, even after uninstalling a dozen or so apps in a row.

Last edited:

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

It's this phone and no one can seem to figure it out. I am about to have to send back a second one for the poor audio quality and increase in dropped calls. I was told last time it was because my area was being upgraded to 4g but they couldn't explain why I would drop a call when my gf was on her incredible 1 right next to me without a problem. So they replaced my device, still having the same issues and so it's back to the drawing board.

Barna2187

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

So I've had the Incredible 2 for about 4 hours and whenever I go into my contacts, the screen just repeatedly says "loading". I really don't know the issue and if someone can tell me it would be greatly appreciated.

Island Droid

May 11, 2011
Visit site

My dislikes / problems

1- not able to "see" the original email when forwarding in aol mail

2- when using the phone as a directory, there is NO space between the sets of numbers (123-555-1212) and makes it hard to read the number to dial on work phone

3- speaker phone is weak

4- difficult to hold without activating other things on screen by mistake

5- "end" button too large in phone mode - too easy to end call by mistake

6- Antenna SUCKS for the most part which means HORRIBLE signal reception for the most part unless in great area - no where as good as any other phones I have had or now in my family of 5.

Other than that pretty happy with the phone

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
1- who uses aol anymore? Joking aside, I use gmail and have no problems.

2- really? Not a big deal, tbo I never noticed and had to go look

3- true. But it is better when you flip the phone over so the speaker is facing up.

4- I thought this about every touch screen I tried before I actually spent time owning one.

5- it is big, but I've never had a problem. I think its supposed to lock the screen if you have it on your ear. Not sure tho

6- i've never had call issues. I know there was a problem with the signal meter showing lower than normal bars but it was fixed with the latest update.

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

lauranelli

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I seem to get an Error message whenever I try to do the update! With or without wifi on! Help! :-\

GaryA

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Reception is terrible. We live in a marginal signal area. Typically 100dbm-105dbm Verizon sent a free extender.Even the Fascinate this replaced had better reception.
In an email reply from HTC two days ago they tell me they are currently working on a software fix for the antenna.
No estimate of when it will be available.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Reception is terrible. We live in a marginal signal area. Typically 100dbm-105dbm Verizon sent a free extender.Even the Fascinate this replaced had better reception.
In an email reply from HTC two days ago they tell me they are currently working on a software fix for the antenna.
No estimate of when it will be available.

Those bastards! They sent a free extender? They wouldn't send me one free and I was persistent. And they didn't even warn me that I was in a known crappy reception area when I first got the phone. I had to find out the hard way. I had to pay for my extender. And I have to say it's not great. It gives me full bars, but there is a delay in the conversation. Do you get that?

Nice to hear about the antenna fix. Are you rooted? Have you flashed any other antenna? I haven't yet but wonder if there are better ones out there.

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Those bastards! They sent a free extender? They wouldn't send me one free and I was persistent. And they didn't even warn me that I was in a known crappy reception area when I first got the phone. I had to find out the hard way. I had to pay for my extender. And I have to say it's not great. It gives me full bars, but there is a delay in the conversation. Do you get that?

Nice to hear about the antenna fix. Are you rooted? Have you flashed any other antenna? I haven't yet but wonder if there are better ones out there.

This might be a dumb question. But what kind of extender are you talking about?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

This might be a dumb question. But what kind of extender are you talking about?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk.

It's the Verizon Network Extender

It's a femtocell, essentially a mini tower in your house that's the size of a beefy router or modem. It runs your calls through your high speed internet connection. So if you have no bars in your house, this fixes that within a certain range of the unit.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Well I gave up and rooted before the last update was pushed to my device. Here's what I've found, I took the radio package that was available and flashed it still running stock with the bloatware frozen. I had a marginally better numeric value for reception. Then in order to avoid getting the update pushed to my phone I went to a custom ROM (unity) and now I am still running the updated radio but I don't have any of the issues that I had before. Call quality is much better and very few if any dropped calls and the issue of calls connecting and then not being able to hear any one or be heard is gone completely.

Elise Gerardi

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had my Incredible 2 for about 9 months. Just the other day I started having call malfunctions - I receive a call from a contact, but in reality my number dialed another contact. It has happened probably ten times in the past couple days. I've broken one too many phones in the past so this I've taken great care of- screen protectors, phone cases, leave it at home during the party, etc. There is no water damage to the battery or actual phone according to the criss-cross water detectors. Help please?!

Thanks in advance!

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Elise. I will offer you some advice below that you probably don't need, just since I don't know enough to give more technical answers. But since there are other people here who might be able to answer with higher level info, it would help if you let us know if you are running your phone in stock mode just like it came from the store/carrier or if you have rooted it and are running some other rom on it. If those terms sound foreign, the answer is that you are running stock. Either way, it may help other people answer if you list what numbered version of the operating system (whether stock or custom) you're using, which you should be able to find out from the settings menu under something like "About This Phone" (not sure how it reads because I'm running a custom rom that might be different in that area). For example, I'm running the Virtuous Unity rom v2.39.0, Android version 2.3.4, and HTC Sense version 3.0. People may be able to use that information to let you know of particular problems with your rom or version and may help them give you a solution.

Now for my Android-for-Dummies advice (best I've got):

Have you powered down the device as in shut it all the way off, taken out the battery for a bit, and restarted it? If not, try that.

Have you tried the thing in the settings menu where you tell it to check for updates? If not, try that. Maybe a pending OTA update would resolve it. (Or maybe you just got one and that's when the problem started)

Have you tried doing a factory reset? This will wipe out everything on your phone and return it to the state it was in when you first bought it and you'll have to set everything up again in terms of re-downloading your apps from your accounts at the app store(s), setting up your icons and widgets and wallpapers and screens the way you want, etc. Anything that was stored locally and not backed up to the web or to an SD card will be wiped out, such as photos and local data in some apps that don't back up to the web (maybe notes or gas mileage entries or saved game data, etc.). Obviously if you're rooted and running a custom rom, this would be a more complicated issue involving re-flashing the rom and all, but if you're not running a custom rom it doesn't apply and if you are running a custom rom then all of this advice is elementary and someone with your tech level would have already tried these steps. I'm listing them since I don't know your situation.

One thing that happened to mine for a while that may be somewhat related was that I'd get a wrong number call but it would show up as a call from my buddy, with his contact avatar showing with the unknown number. Strange. It happened for a while and went away, not sure why.

If all else fails, call Verizon support and let them know it's happening. Maybe they'll send you a replacement. They'll probably walk you through similar steps I've outlined above before getting to that point. If you do send it back, be sure to do a factory reset first so your info and accounts aren't still on it.

OK that's all I've got. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21