Two issues: ring/vibrate and flashing LED

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
There are two small issues I'd like to solve with my DInc2:

1) Even though I've de-selected "Vibration feedback for calls and notifications," my phone still vibrates when I receive calls.

2) Even though I've de-selected all of the "Flash LED light for nofications" options, the LED flashes when I receive new emails.

Has anyone seen either of these issues, and if so, have you found a way to fix them?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine keeps displaying led flash when I get emails, as well. The vibrate is also activated when you have selected the "pocket mode". Turn this off and it will stop vibrating.

I just wish I could solve the led annoyance. I turned them all off to save battery. However, as stated above, it still flashes when I get emails.

Last edited:

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I hate the flashing LED light. I turned it off as well but it continues to flash. Hoping someone figures out how to actually get it to shut off.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is a known issue with all Incredible 2's? I want to believe there is nothing wrong with my device and that this is an issue that would be resolved with an update. :confused:

Last edited:

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone. Just tested mine and the LED flashing continues even after disabling it. I turned off all of the LED notifications and went as far as a battery pull. Nothing changed.

That said, I actually like having the flashing enabled. Might be that others do as well and a reason there aren't many complaining about it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you all like the LED? How do you know when you have a message or something? Or do you just keep turning your phone on to check?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I'm now on a TBolt that does the same thing. I can't force the darned thing to shut off regardless of what I do with the settings. It must be an HTC thing.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sure does seem like it. I just like to hear a notification and not see one (led light). I can hear the emails when they arrive and have no need for a battery-depleting light, no matter how minimal. . :p

I find the light to be nice if I've set my phone down and left the room for a bit. I can come back and get a quick glance to see if I have any messages.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I find the light to be nice if I've set my phone down and left the room.

Makes sense if you aren't like myself who has the phone attached to my palm at all times. LOL

I guess the main issue is why we can deactivate the led in the settings, but it doesn't make a difference. :confused:

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Sure does seem like it. I just like to hear a notification and not see one (led light). I can hear the emails when they arrive and have no need for a battery-depleting light, no matter how minimal. . :p
Same here - I'm going after battery savings, and I almost never need to respond to emails on my phone right away.

Makes sense if you aren't like myself who has the phone attached to my palm at all times. LOL

I guess the main issue is why we can deactivate the led in the settings, but it doesn't make a difference. :confused:
:p Yeah, same here!

I'm just amazed that a company like HTC could release a phone in which settings like this have no impact.

I've also noticed something similar in setting sound preferences in the personalization panel (the little artist's palette in the lower right corner of the homescreen). The preferences I set there seem to have no impact. I still have to go into each app (phone, messages, calendar) and set them manually. What's the point of having a personalization panel with options that don't DO anything? :confused:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Same here - I'm going after battery savings, and I almost never need to respond to emails on my phone right away.

:p Yeah, same here!

I'm just amazed that a company like HTC could release a phone in which settings like this have no impact.

Has anyone called HTC tech support to inquire about it?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd call but 1, I don't have the phone yet and 2, I like the idea of the LED. Although I agree you should be able to turn if off if you want.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
There are two small issues I'd like to solve with my DInc2:

1) Even though I've de-selected "Vibration feedback for calls and notifications," my phone still vibrates when I receive calls.

Mine still vibrates but only occasionally. Last night my wife called me and it vibrated. Later last night my dad called me and it didn't vibrate. I don't get it. :confused:

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine still vibrates but only occasionally. Last night my wife called me and it vibrated. Later last night my dad called me and it didn't vibrate. I don't get it. :confused:

Was the phone in your pocket when the wife called? If you have it set to pocket mode, it will vibrate regardless if vibration is deactivated.

Reactions: valorian

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Was the phone in your pocket when the wife called? If you have it set to pocket mode, it will vibrate regardless if vibration is deactivated.

This i didn't know. It wasn't in my pocket but it was in a holster when my wife called. I'm guessing this puts the phone in the same mode?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
This i didn't know. It wasn't in my pocket but it was in a holster when my wife called. I'm guessing this puts the phone in the same mode?

I believe so. Try deactivating pocket mode, holstering it, and then having someone call you. Im sure this should solve this issue.