Another Bolt to Dinc2 conversion -- Dinc2 is SO underrated!

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Had the bolt for a month and sent it back. The thing was just too darn big for me, the battery was miserable, and the 4G just isn't ready for prime time, although I know there's an update that will fix the handoff issue. Half the time my mobile network would go out and I would have nothing.

I must say, 4G was fast though when it was working -- but I found that I really didn't use it much. I don't surf the web for hours or anything that needs the speed. All my other stuff syncs in the background so I really didn't care about how long it takes. And did I mention the battery? Man, that 4G sucks through that little battery with reckless abandon.

So i switched to the Dinc2 and I can't say enough good things about it. It is the perfect size and weight. I don't know if it is the shape of the back or what because the dimensions are not all that different. It just feels so much better. So far the dinc2 battery seems to be great. Even much better than my original dinc, and far better than the bolt obviously.

Everything about it is awesome. I just feel like too many people are jumping to the bolt like I did and not giving the dinc its due consideration. I wish more people would because this forum has far less attention than the bolt's do.

:)

junknstuff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! Glad you're on board. Many people don't realize that they don't need 4g. It's just marketing to the masses.

Especially with the 5gb cap, you can exceed that limit pretty fast on 4g.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Congratulates on your DInc 2! Glad you like it.

(PS, above poster: we don't have a 5GB cap. We have unlimited data!)

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Can you estimate battery life for us? How many hours of what kind of usage are we talking about?

Define please:

minutes on calls
sms/mms sent
camera usage (# photos taken)
GPS usage (if so, for how long were you using it, i.e. active navigation)
BT usage
browsing (and over wifi or 3G?)

Thanks!

I played with the Dinc2 in stores; very slick phone, very underrated.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I dumped the Thunderbolt for the DINC2. The TB was too big and heavy for me. I came from the iPhone on AT&T so the size and speed was nice. I switched my wife from the iPhone to the DINC2 also and she is in heaven.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
i too had the TB for a month. Couldn't be more happy to have a DINC2 again. There was a couple of weeks (or so) after I returned the TB that I had to go back to my DINC1 (DINC2 unreleased at that point) - I was happy to be in a DINC1 at that point too!

I couldn't agree more with the OP.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted the TB, but the battery life was a deal breaker for me. I am very happy with my choice..this phone is the perfect size and plenty fast. Most of the time I am on some sort of WIFI, so not having 4G isn't a big deal to me. I like the slimness, the weight, and over all look of the phone. The only issue I am having is with email app. I like having all my accounts under one roof but it doesn't seem to want to auto sync very well and often times not at all, but I am sure this is an issue that will eventually be fixed as I have read others with the same complaint.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you estimate battery life for us? How many hours of what kind of usage are we talking about?

Define please:

minutes on calls
sms/mms sent
camera usage (# photos taken)
GPS usage (if so, for how long were you using it, i.e. active navigation)
BT usage
browsing (and over wifi or 3G?)

Thanks!

I played with the Dinc2 in stores; very slick phone, very underrated.

While I can't show you the battery time I can tell you that after a week of use I find that I really can't tell much of a difference in the battery life on this phone compared to the Verizon extended battery I was using in my Dinc 1.

Browsing both wifi and 3g, email, some nav but usually plugged into the car, very little video but no music.

I also live on the South Shore of Long Island which doesn't have the best of signals but no call problems. If you live in a better signal area your battery life should be even better.

My battery lasts all day

This has to be the best all around phone I have owned

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I feel this phone us under-rated also its great size weight speed and battery life have all been great. But most people see 4G or dualcore and dismiss this phone off top due to not having it. But this phone feels like it doesn't need it ill wait until they work out the bugs with 4g and optimize the software for dualcore but until then i have a great phone in the dinc2

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear so many great things about the dinc2. I agree about the size and weight but I don't know if I want this or the Droid X2. I'm really torn and the Revolution might also come out.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe wait til the end of this week to decide... as you mentioned, Charge and Revolution should be coming out any time, so comparisons can be made.

I just handled these phones in store, and I much prefer the size of this DInc2 over the X2. 4.3" screen is a little overkill IMO.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Kind of a shame that we don't see even 1 commercial on TV for the DInc2. The DInc2 is the Rodney Dangerfield of phones - "No respect . . . no respect at all."

Looking forward to buying another one - for myself this time.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
he was referring to the Droid x he handled in store, as they are physically identical just beefed up specs.

Thanks, zombiepug, that is what I meant.

For all you DInc2 owners... I'm glad to hear you like the phone. But what about these supposed issues with signal? PhoneArena makes it sound like the DInc2's signal is really deplorable compared to other phones.

I like a full-featured phone, but if the calling part of the phone is subpar, it may be a dealbreaker for me. Any comments?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

For all you DInc2 owners... I'm glad to hear you like the phone. But what about these supposed issues with signal? PhoneArena makes it sound like the DInc2's signal is really deplorable compared to other phones.

I like a full-featured phone, but if the calling part of the phone is subpar, it may be a dealbreaker for me. Any comments?

I've had no issues with my signal and reception. I think someone on here touched on it possibly looking worse because they adjusted the algorithm for the signal display on the front of the phone. I think someone did a side by side of the DInc2 with their X and while the X showed 4 bars to the Dinc2's 1 they signal strength was the same.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Its not the quality of the signal its the relationship of the signal bars to the actual signal. This was an issue with the Dinc 1 and seems to have continued with this phone. I have absolutely no problems making a call when there are no bars showing.

Signal bars are not a good way to measure signal. They vary from model to model and vary between manufacturers. Those more bars ads from att were a load of garbage.