usb is loose

egborko

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If you take off the back cover of the phone, is it quite obvious that the usb port is loose? Meaning if you just tap the back of the phone (near the port) with your finger you can hear it rattle (when the back cover is off). When the cover is on, I can wiggle the port. Is this just how the phone is made or should I take it back? It will be 14 days tomorrow.

Thanks!

Kevin217

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed today that the plastic surrounding the usb port is lose on mine as well. I haven't touched it with the cover off, but with it on i can wiggle it back and forth a little bit.
Not sure if its a defect or what, but I bet it has something to do with the cable fitting SO damn tight.

egborko

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean by "just the insert"?...so it's not the usb that wiggles? is there a link to another thread about this? THANKS!

Kevin217

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean by "just the insert"?...so it's not the usb that wiggles? is there a link to another thread about this? THANKS!

He means that it is just the jet black surround to the port that's loose, not the actual usb port. So it's just a cosmetic thing.

mhzimmer

May 15, 2011
Visit site
A related issue that made me have to swap my DINC2 out at Verizon last week...

After 1 week, my phone stopped charging. I figured out the problem was the USB port on the phone. If I pulled upward on the cable, it started charging again; but once you released pressure it would think it was disconnected again. I tried this with 3 different cables and got the same result each time (so it wasn't a defective cable).

Verizon replaced the phone right away with no hassle, so I'm back working again. I'm just hoping that my particular phone had a rare defect... and that this doesn't turn out to be some kind of design flaw!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20