Grab your phone, remove battery widgets, relax.

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There, now isn't that better?!

Seriously, I have finally decided a battery widget isn't necessary for this phone. They suck battery anyway. Free up the homescreen space! Quit stressin' over the battery! No more bump charging, no more opportunity charging! Freedom I say!

:cool:

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I like Circular Battery Indicator for the percentage readout only, the stock battery mete blows....maybe OCD too :-[

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think with the 2150mAh battery I agree. I'm still using battery indicator though for the alarm I have set for when the battery level rises above 99%.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Though I bought the extended 2150mAh battery I have since take it out and gone back to the stock 1300mAh battery. For my usage, it works fine though I am awaiting the 1500mAh battery that I ordered. Yesterday, I was at 9 hrs and 4 min unplugged and still had 50% of my battery remaining. I think what has helped me is having twitter and facebook no longer auto-refresh. I just have it refresh when I open them.

I loved the boost of the 2150mAh but I missed the sleek design of the stock DInc. Now, it's back and I'm happy.

Thanks for the tip.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I find the battery widget essential to monitoring the discharge rate of the battery during normal use. I typically get about 7-8 hours of use before changing batteries. The battery widget helps me determine if certain apps or certain locations bleed off power at a faster rate. Though my number one complaint is signal strength. At -95dB to -100dB my phone expends quite a bit of power to maintain a wireless connection. Add in 2G/3G data and it's horrible.

The fix? I purchased a spare battery ($30) and a battery charger (PowerGen Universal $13). The skinny battery fits nicely in my pocket. When I'm low on juice, it takes me about two minutes to swap out the battery, and then I'm at 100%. No 2hr delay for a plug-in charge.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
This one needs it a hell of a lot less than my old Thunderbolt, that's for sure. On the average day I don't have to worry at all. But I still like it because certain things kill the battery fast, like Navigation seems to. Then it's good to know so you can be strategic. I traveled without my car charger recently and it was an issue.

I like the little percentage readout that ZDbox puts in your status bar. If the built in gauge in the status bar would just show a number instead of an indecipherable graphical display, we wouldn't need any of this.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted and am running CM7 and you can change your status bar to show a percentage as well show your signal strength in dBm. I definitely love that.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
What if it's the display that is eating up battery. Im at six and half hours since plug in, 40% left and display is responsible for 64% power consumption. I do not have a battery widget, just a shortcut to the battery usage display.

Am i SOL?

Phone rocks besides this issue, i'm even ok with stock Sense.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Unplugged for 8 hours, battery with 66% remaining in my bldg at work where my signal is always between 85 and 98 dBm

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
What if it's the display that is eating up battery. Im at six and half hours since plug in, 40% left and display is responsible for 64% power consumption. I do not have a battery widget, just a shortcut to the battery usage display.

Am i SOL?

Phone rocks besides this issue, i'm even ok with stock Sense.

The screen eating up the lion's share of battery is normal. I think it's that way on all of these modern smartphones with high quality big screens. I usually keep mine dimmed down unless I'm in a really bright outdoor situation and it makes a big difference.

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
right on, right on. i have it now dimmed to about 8% of the slider bar. But before it wasnt much farther then 25%. If that makes a difference tomorrow, great.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Went back to the 1500mAh, I charge overnight with the phone powered off and today is gonna be my first full day NOT going into spare parts to check the battery percentage! I'm liberated!

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My dinc2 went a total of 1 day, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 29 seconds before the battery died. And this is with the HTC battery widget, advance task killer group running, uses of Facebook and other websites browser, YouTube videos and a few games of wordfeud and words w/friends during an 10th hour work night including travel. :p

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the 2150mah battery from Verizon and I go a full 50+ hours with heavy usage. I must be doing something right. :)

EDIT: Why does everyone think they need a Task Killer? This phone has such a massive amount of memory plus GingerBread is much more effective at closing programs. I'm always running at around 350 MB of free RAM.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving in about 30 minutes and my meter is still green using the 1500mAh battery so I'm content. My signal is in the 90s all day at work too.

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have battery monitor pro but the text is set to the same color as the taskbar so I don't have to see it but I can quickly see how many hours I have been off the charger. This weekend with light usage I got 66 hours to 20%. 3.5 hours of screen on time. Heavy usage I have been getting 30-40 hours.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.