Notifications stopped

Duckhunter75

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
For the 2nd day I've had notifications come to a stop. No email notifications, wordfeud, etc... It takes a full restart and things start running proper again.

Last night I turned off the power saving feature thinking that when I was dropping below 15% it would stop notifications. That didn't seem to help.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Maybe a app conflict causing this?

Padawan

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I having the same issue with emails. I noticed this about a week ago. I have had 2 VZW store reps look at it (its my first smartphone so I wanted to make sure I didnt screw anything up) and everything is set to notify. Not sure what the deal is...not much help!

shellshof#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I having the same issue with emails. I noticed this about a week ago. I have had 2 VZW store reps look at it (its my first smartphone so I wanted to make sure I didnt screw anything up) and everything is set to notify. Not sure what the deal is...not much help!

My phone also seems to be doing the same thing. I am waiting for a verizon rep to call me back. I will post if I find out anything. thanks,

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed it do this once with my text messages, but not all the time. Email works fine as long as it is set to notify from app such as gmail, Yahoo, ect. However, using the email client that allows multiple accounts it works but the emails don't push over in a timely manner so I have found it useless. I have tried to change the settings, but nothing seems to work. The phone does alert me when it does finally get the email, but sometimes it is several hours after they were sent. Facebook notifications and other such social sites work fine. I may not be experiencing the same problems you are describing as the phone seems to be ok with notifying me, but the emails are horrible at getting pushed to my phone.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its a known issue. Email just stops working. Have to wait for a update. Just use the apps like gmail and yahoo mail apps for now. There instant by the way which is kinda nice.

Padawan

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, not sure what changed overnight (no updates that I have noticed) but its working like a charm today. Email notifications are coming thru promptly.

Now my only issue is that I cannot get all 3 of my gmail accounts to set up on the gmail icon. I have to use the mail button for them. Not sure why but at least it is telling when mail is coming in today!

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, not sure what changed overnight (no updates that I have noticed) but its working like a charm today. Email notifications are coming thru promptly.

Now my only issue is that I cannot get all 3 of my gmail accounts to set up on the gmail icon. I have to use the mail button for them. Not sure why but at least it is telling when mail is coming in today!

On your laptop or desktop, logging to all of your gmail accounts and set them to forward to your main account you set the phone with. I have all my email accounts forwarded to my mail gmail account. Everything seems to be working fine. I have even sent a few test emails from a friends email account.

Duckhunter75

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Since posting, I haven't had any other problems with notification.

On the Gmail question. I have three accounts all going through the Gmail app. I set them up in the accounts part of setup. Then in the Gmail app, you can touch the small button top right that shows the account and you can choose which account you are viewing. That way they stay separate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007