GPS issues, fix?

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know anything about a fix for the GPS/Maps reversal of North and South?

Thanks,
Steve

Nope.

But I did use 'GPS Status' app then Menu->Tools-Manage A-GPS state to reset the GPS and now my fixes on a location much better.

Does anyone know the proper way to officially report the N/S GPS bug to Verizon/HTC? They need to fix this in the next update...

bdemarco

May 5, 2011
Visit site
reporting N/S reversal to Verizon

There's no official way to report this. If you want to help, call about the problem, and ask to speak to a tier-2 technician. If they don't already know about it, then ask them to try out Maps on one of their units. Then, once they observe it themselves, ask them to log this as a known issue.

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
There's no official way to report this. If you want to help, call about the problem, and ask to speak to a tier-2 technician. If they don't already know about it, then ask them to try out Maps on one of their units. Then, once they observe it themselves, ask them to log this as a known issue.

Thanks for the info! I will call them today.

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to get google nav to work earlier, and i was unable to get a gps fix. My droid x would usually lock in after about 10 seconds, but after 10 minutes with the Inc 2, I still had the blue halo around my position arrow.

I tried it with all location services selected as well.... same result.

Any ideas?

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to get google nav to work earlier, and i was unable to get a gps fix. My droid x would usually lock in after about 10 seconds, but after 10 minutes with the Inc 2, I still had the blue halo around my position arrow.

I tried it with all location services selected as well.... same result.

Any ideas?

Lodge a complaint with HTC. We need everyone to do so.

EDIT: Created a thread on the HTC site here.

Last edited:

jerrsun

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know this is not perfect, but I saw on another thread about poor GPS lock on the DInc2 to go and download GpsFix from the market. This weekend I was testing the GPS quite a bit and the GpsFix did help. Not perfect, but until HTC comes out with a proper fix, GpsFix does ok.

Jerrsun

silverghost

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this is not perfect, but I saw on another thread about poor GPS lock on the DInc2 to go and download GpsFix from the market. This weekend I was testing the GPS quite a bit and the GpsFix did help. Not perfect, but until HTC comes out with a proper fix, GpsFix does ok.

Jerrsun

Hold my hand, here. Where is the GPS Fix located? I'm a 'Droid noob, so locating some of this stuff is a real challange. I understand accessing the Market Apps, but what, exactly, am I s'pose to look for?

ahmadveg

May 16, 2011
Visit site
i just left mine on navigation with all location services turned on. it took a good half hour to track down my location but so far after that it seems to find me pretty fast, been playing with it and so far seems pretty good, if it showed traffic on route i would be selling my garmin lol

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i just left mine on navigation with all location services turned on. it took a good half hour to track down my location but so far after that it seems to find me pretty fast, been playing with it and so far seems pretty good, if it showed traffic on route i would be selling my garmin lol

Just strolling throught these forums but I do believe all google maps navigation has a traffic view... You click layers and then click traffic

Also I know that when my Evo may have a problem getting a lock I close navigation and open up 'Maps' get a lock on the map and then go into navigation.. might not work for you guys' D'Inc but worth a shot....