Gingerbread coming "by August 1st."

Bianca12

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread!!! All hail the gingerbread men!!! Now what I'm waiting for is some of that ice cream. It'll be amazing but it'll probably be next year... :(

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I feel we will be lucky to get ics within a year from now or I should say within 8 months of release I just have this feeling like that update will take forever

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I would be very surprised if they sold a phone touting it's front facing camera that they wouldn't be giving it an update capable of google video chat. It is however, Verizon/HTC that have the final call so we'll see

jersquare7756

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Reading all the stories of older devices(no more than a year old) now getting GB but only getting 2.3.3, doesn't make it likely that the Inc 2 will get 2.3.4 to enable the google video chat. I mean if the EVO 4G can't get 2.3.4 love, why are we to believe our phone will?

I've tried all other video chat apps(ones worth trying) and they seem to fail in some aspect of the video portion. Tango was the closest one to working and that failed.

Skype on our phones(android) is a waste. No video chat feature at all. iOS get's the love there.

Here's to hopeful thinking. :)

Actually, once we get gingerbread, there is a nightly build of skype to download that has the video chat feature, but it doesnt work on froyo... i already tried. here is the link to download ONLY WORKS ON GB:

http://www.villainrom.co.uk/SGS2/skype045.php

i am not responsible for anything this does to your device

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
August 1? I had a hard enough time waiting for July 11!!! (Just checked for any updates, btw.... Nothing)

Grrrrrr.

Written and published from my Incredible II. No need for applause.