If you cared, Netflix app can't download from market

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you wondered "I wonder if the new update for the Netflix app will work for my Dinc2?". I won't. Well, if you are not rooted in some way.

You can't even download the app from the web market or the app on your phone. So, I wonder, what is the point of updating the device check of the app when it can't get downloaded for unsupported devices? It's a free app so it's not like users would be out much other time getting and uninstalling if it doesn't work.

I'm just saying, seems like a useless update within the entire update of the app. Just update it the device list and minor bug fixes. That's all we car about.

**this excludes rooted users**

Thanks for letting me vent :)

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im fairly new to android (still dont even have one) but it doesnt make any sense to pick and choose which phones will be able to use netflix. most of the devices have the same basic specs right? whats so different on the LG rev than the Thunderbolt? or DInc2 for that matter. seriously lame.

honestly, a few months ago I was in line behind a guy at Togos watching a netflix movie on his smartphone(sure it wasn't an iphone) and thats kind of the moment i decided i wanted to go Android. I guess BB users just feel like the grass is greener on ANY side.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
im fairly new to android (still dont even have one) but it doesnt make any sense to pick and choose which phones will be able to use netflix. most of the devices have the same basic specs right? whats so different on the LG rev than the Thunderbolt? or DInc2 for that matter. seriously lame.

honestly, a few months ago I was in line behind a guy at Togos watching a netflix movie on his smartphone(sure it wasn't an iphone) and thats kind of the moment i decided i wanted to go Android. I guess BB users just feel like the grass is greener on ANY side.

most likely a wp7 device as all of them have support for netflix

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i dont know what wp7 is but that's what i'm talking about. been saying this since I had my LG VX8100 clamshell in 2005. WHY DOES VERIZON CRIPPLE THEIR PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

nothing changes.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
They do it to prevent what you are doing now, multiplied by 1000, because not all devices are the same and instead of releasing it to everyone at once and delaying further, they are releasing now for known devices that the app works for

That simple

And WP7 = Windows Phone 7 ;)

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ahh yea LG rev is not a wp7 phone. dont let the bing fool you. i dunno, seems like theres no reason other than VZW being lame, that the TB, charge or even earlier and current 3G android phones couldnt do netflix streaming.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
ahh yea LG rev is not a wp7 phone. dont let the bing fool you. i dunno, seems like theres no reason other than VZW being lame, that the TB, charge or even earlier and current 3G android phones couldnt do netflix streaming.

It has nothing to do with VZW, it is Netflix that is picking and choosing in their app what devices are supported